Can You Live Life Without Tv?is It Possible?

Discussion in Digital & Web TV started by chared • Jan 7, 2018.

1. luri

luriActive Member

Threads:
    TV is a sourse of entertainment, information and knowledge. However, TV is not the only source of entertainment, information and knowledge. As long as you have a computer and internet, you don't need a TV. Internet can give you entertainment (watch youtube), information and knowledge.

2. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    It's very much possible for me since I am online for almost 15-16 hours a day either on my laptop or on my phone with unlimited data plan. Incidentally, we have a war on internet plans going on in our country in between the big internet providers therefore, they are offering everything including TV viewing on such a low rate which was out of imagination a couple of years before. Otherwise also I can do without TV for a long time but I can't say the same for internet though.

3. Martinsx

MartinsxActive Member

Threads:
    That's pretty harsh for someone to pay a hefty license fee for having a television at home, that's absurd. It's not how it's done over here in Nigeria. All you suffer its cold hands is the cost of procuring the television, then it's all up to you to pay light bills and satellite subscriptions to enjoy lots of services. The mostly used here is DSTV which is a South African company, they are very good with their services rendered.

4. DavidLee

DavidLeeMember

Threads:
    It's very possible to live without a Tv. Actually this is my second year living without a Tv. Nevertheless, I use a laptop to watch news once in a while and most probably on Monday nights, Fridays and weekends. I have 2 PC Screens too both 23 inches but with no Tv or Tv decorder but with a WiFi home service so you can imagine life's still alright with no Tv for others. And I've never been bored at all.

5. to7update

to7updateActive Member

Threads:
    Thing is, how can we live with TV haha! Now seriously, TV is a good way of entertainment, but it's really time consuming, so it makes me lose a lot of time. I don't watch more than 1-2 hours per day at the most, usually at night before going to bed, when my head cannot work any more.

6. zonbin

zonbinNew Member

Threads:
    Actually, I can live without television (T.V.) as long as I have my laptop with me and internet connection. The show on T.V. can also be seen on YouTube though it's a late upload at least if you missed the show on T.V. you still have the chance to see it through YouTube.

7. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Come on, we are in a digital world and having no tv set is not a problem as long as you have your phone. WIFI is almost everywhere so you can watch your favorite show on your smart phone. Streaming is already a standard in the internet. And if that is not enough then you can go to the mall to enjoy the big tv screens there.

8. overcast

overcastActive Member

Threads:
    It's definitely possible to live without TV. You have to be careful about the prices that are increased. I'd rather have internet plan with the netflix. And it works out just fine. And some of the time I make use of the TV. And it's some plans. And it can be really good enough on that end. I can definitely live without TV but without internet can be harder if you ask me.

9. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    People lived without TV for years. It is certainly possible to live without TV. These are the sort of things that we think about it. It is just one of the choices that we make that maybe we don't need to.

10. Kiama

KiamaMember

Threads:
    You can do without Tv. You just have to get used to it. There are people who live in remote areas where there is no electricity and they do quite well without Tv. They get other forms of entertainment and they go on with their life normally. If Tv is taken away from you, you will obviously be bored for a while but gradually your brain gets used to the fact of not having Tv as a source of entertainment.

11. mdbree17

mdbree17Member

Threads:
    I don't have a TV at home. I only have my PC as a source of all news, info, and entertainment, of course. Even before, when I was young, our TV was old and then broke. So, if we want to watch TV, we just go to our Aunt's house. But if ever television will be sorted out, I can still live. Even just one radio. That'll do.

12. FolkArtist

FolkArtistActive Member

Threads:
    If you mean-could I live without cable or satelite TV- I would say I am doing it now. Of course I still get the local channels with free digital antenna TV-but also you have so many ways to watch today. You can stream or chromecast movies(I have the internet), or older Tv shows you like to watch from YouTube or other sites online(I like a lot of the BBC TV shows). You can still buy used dvds to watch on your TV as well.

13. janemariesayed

janemariesayedActive Member

Threads:
    Sure you can live without a TV and humans did it for aeons. The main thing about the TV is that it is educational, whether you are watching the news or a documentary. Other things shown on the telly can entertain us which we also need. So while we can live without TV's, they are not necessary.

14. Kieranlewix

KieranlewixMember

Threads:
    I think it is possible to live without TV. Living without any form of entertainment is the impossible matter. As long as you have some other way to entertain yourself and pass time, it is even rare that you will think of watching TV. I don't watch TV often myself because all I'm interested in is News. I have a PC and there I can watch movies and listen to music.

15. Sirius

SiriusMember

Threads:
    Oh, trust me, it's very possible. I'm a living proof. I lost interest in watching TV more than 10 years ago. The news are always depressing, reporting about crimes and disasters. I used to watch music channels, but now we have youtube... Why would I let some television director decide what video I should watch when I can make the choice myself and play whatever song I feel like?

I was a fan of X-Factor and The voice, but they got old and boring after a few seasons...

The only thing left that I used to watch on TV was my favorite TV series shows. But... I now watch them online. So, to answer your question: Life is possible without TV, it's impossible without Internet...at least in my case. :):)

16. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I remember the time when I was posted in J&K as a project manager for my company working for army in bordering hilly areas constructing bridges and the area was tensed due to terrorists' activities. The government had suspended telephone and internet services and there was no TV in the area. I stayed there for almost 2 years. I still remember that to talk to my wife I had to use the public phone provided to only army personals in the army camp and mess. I used to watch news during lunch and dinner and that was all the TV viewing for almost two years for me. I did not miss anything I guess because I was too busy planning my project.

17. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    The real question is, "Can you live life without TV and the internet?". A lot of people don't need TV now as the net simply takes its place. In fact, to many people, TV is downright boring - as so much more choices are online.

18. Soulwatcher

SoulwatcherMember

Threads:
    I can live with the TV really easy because I hardly watch TV. I am always on the internet or playing Minecraft and or doing nothing at all. These days the TV has a bunch of garbage shows that are a waste of time and energy to watch them. I miss the older shows like A-Team, Knight Rider, Dukes of Hazard etc.

19. chimeewrites

chimeewritesNew Member

Threads:
    Internet has made life easier. Before now we depend on our Television for local news and entertainment but with the use of laptops and phones connected to the Internet, the use of Television has quite reduced.

I can't entirely say that I can live without a television because their are some channels that I prefer to watch on T.V not because I can't watch with my laptop but I feel more relaxed with T.V and It saves a lot of money too.

20. dane

daneMember

Threads:
    I grew up watching TV, but I don't own one right now. Over the years, I found that most of the programs on TV were very negative and so I stopped watching them all, especially the news, and I've never really missed any of them. If anything, my life has been so much better for it. I don't worry as much as I used to about the economy, crime and so on.