Car Alarm And Keyless Entry

Discussion in Auto & Moto started by MrsJones • Aug 1, 2015.

1. MrsJones

MrsJonesActive Member

Threads:
    Are car alarms still being bought? I don't have one now but I had one installed on a vehicle several years ago it seemed to be the best options to deter theft at the time. I also remember how often times one could be heard going off not because of theft but any vibration that occurred which was annoying. My Jeep has keyless entry which I guess is suppose to deter theft as well but I am considering another car alarm being installed.

So what is the outlook these days for car alarms? Are they still worth having installed?

2. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    One of our cars is the small Mirage made by Mitsubishi motors. It is a keyless car that starts with a push button. However, the key should be within 5 feet for the push button to be effective. The door lock is also a push button. But with the alarm, we haven't tested it yet although the dealer said it has a built-in alarm system so we need not worry.

3. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I thought pretty much all cars at this point had alarms installed automatically. I've never had one installed and definitely wouldn't bother after-market. No one ever pays attention to them when they go off anyway, so even if a car were being stolen, everyone around would assume that it was just the owner having issues with the alarm.