Carrying Your Own Polish

Discussion in Misc & Others started by remnant • Jul 20, 2017.

1. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    A well polished shoe is necessary especially when going for an
    interview or business appointment. Shoe shiners come Handy in such
    situations but a good number tend to be exorbitant assuming those who
    seek their services have disposable cash. Its prudent to carry your
    own polish and shoe brush during rainy and dusty seasons.

2. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I always carry my own polish and brush with me on every formal business tour because wearing a dirty shoe would not give a good impression to my clients and dealers nor I would feel confident. It's different in case of travelling for leisure purpose when we generally wear sports shoes but not on business trips where "Formal" is the basic need.

3. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I just shine my shoes before I leave the house. When we travel, there's the shoe polishing kit in most hotels so I need not bring it. But I admit that it's nice to look at when the leather shoes are dirty and I am in a business meeting with professionals. But during the rainy season, not shiny shoes are acceptable because of the weather.

4. littlewitch66

littlewitch66Active Member

Threads:
    I can't say I've ever taken polish out with me as knowing my luck it would probably spill and make a mess in my bag. At the moment I am wearing canvas shoes so all they need is a little sponging off or brushing. I find that moist wipes are very handy for this purpose.

5. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    I have not needed shoe shining kits ever as I always wear shoes that can be cleaned with a wet wipe. So cleaning wipes is what I carry with me and besides they are good to use for other purposes, such as cleaning my hands. But I have seen most men here always have with them their shoe shining kits as they wear leather shoes for work.

6. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    @littlewitch66@littlewitch66 next time you go out wearing leather shoes and need to carry shoe polish in your bag carry the one I am giving you the link. It will never spill inside your bag or mess things up. By the way, I have a special pocket in my bag for the purpose where I keep my slipper, shoe polish, duster and brush for the purpose :)