Cash On Delivery

Discussion in Payment Methods started by gracer • Jul 27, 2016.

1. gracer

gracerActive Member

Threads:
    When I shop on local online sites, I would always check if they have a cash on delivery option in their payment methods. I usually take advantage of the privilege of paying COD because it's the safest method of payment for me.

Do you also choose a cash on delivery option or do you pay online upon checkout?

2. Vinaya

VinayaActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, when I buy thing from online stores based in my town, I always choose cash on delivery option. I never share my credit/debit card information online because sometimes it has been found that some shopping sites have charged processing fees on card. Furthermore, you also risk losing your financial information if you give your card number and security code.

3. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I do tend to favor stores that offer cash on delivery but I guess there are setbacks to it as well such as not being able to receive the item when you are not home to meet the delivery and pay them, but otherwise I do agree that it's the safest because you don't have to pay for the item until it is there at hand. I think the last flaw to this is that you aren't allowed to check the quality of the item first before paying so you won't have to go through the trouble of returning the item and instead can just reject it outright but I say it's the best out of all the other options as of now.

4. atlmom5

atlmom5Active Member

Threads:
    I didn't even know that COD was still an option. Paypal or gift cards are the two options I use when shopping online.

5. gracer

gracerActive Member

Threads:
    I'm not sure of this but I think COD is not offered for international deliveries. It's still a common option where I live though. There are still a lot of online stores offering COD for deliveries within the country and I'm really glad they still consider it as a payment option. :)

6. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Most sites I buy from don't offer the option of being paid when what you've ordered is delivered. When buying local I think COD is an option but if you are buying from a site that doesn't have a brick and mortar store in your city then I doubt there'd be willing to waste gas money delivering something to someone who hasn't paid for what they are buying only to find they aren't home.

7. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    One can never go wrong with cash on delivery. The risk of being cheated is eliminated and one gets to scrutinise the items delivered from the comfort of their premises. One always has the option of declining to buy the goods and they should be duly returned for replaceament. Cashback online has no guarantees. The fact is that most sellers plan for such contingencies by factoring them into the cost.

8. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well I have only done that once, but I usually pay with Paypal most of the time. Paypal now has a 180 day return allowance, so even if something went wrong with the product, then I can be assured of a refund via Paypal's dispute system.

9. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    I also do the same. Whenever I shop online, I usually check if the item is available for COD and I agree that it's the safest method of payment. In some cases, if there's an item that I really like and there's no option for COD, I'll go for online payment but I most likely would not exceed to $40. That also depends if the website is trusted, if I don't feel like it, then I won't go for it.

10. anupamas2

anupamas2Active Member

Threads:
    It depends on the app I am using. If it is for the first time then I usually go for COD. But if the company is well known and respected - like Amazon and Flipcart etc. then I have even made payments through my credit/ debit cards.

11. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have made several purchases online via COD payments. It is a big advantage over paying in advance. A plus is that COD purchases don't require me to be there to receive the goods unlike the prepaid purchases where they require the purchaser to leave an authorization letter when going out.

12. Kaushik Angara

Kaushik AngaraActive Member

Threads:
    Well yes, most of the times I prefer to choose the Cash on Delivery option not only because it is safer and easier but also to stay clear of the digital frauds. Cash on Delivery option is easy to use and as the name goes, it allows you to pay only after you have received the product.

Recently, I have started using my Debit Card for payments due to the demonetization effect(scrapping of 500 and 1000 rupee notes) in India. Although there are concerns over digital safety, I have no other option but to choose online payment.

13. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    I always use my paypal account when shopping online so I really never knew about the COD option. It is good that we are given that option for safer online shopping and to keep all our information safe.

14. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    That's my option of payment too I like the idea of cash on delivery. This way I am at a vantage position to have the item properly examined again on delivery before I settle for the payment. Again I am not letting my card details so easily out especially for fear of scams.

15. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    This is probably the only real time that I consistently use cash anymore, which is kind of interesting to think about. I do not actually get delivery that often anyways, so really I do not use cash much at all anymore.

16. Binu

BinuActive Member

Threads:
    Big online stores such as ebay, Amazon do not work in my home country,thus, I don't have cash on delivery option when I shop from this sites. However, when I shop on local online stores, I have cash on delivery option. However, I don't use cash on delivery option much because advance payment gets me discount and cash on delivery has delivery charge included.

17. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    Whenever available I choose COD method for payment.

It is hassle and risk free. I made a huge purchase of around 36000 rupees and that too I paid through COD. I try to look for items with that option but when not available I do pay via cards too.

18. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    COD is my last choice of payment for any of my online shopping because they charge extra for cash collection or that is my perception on this kind of transaction besides the problem of cash in case I am not home at the time of delivery. Since I deal with only established sites with exchange facility I don't mind paying through my debit card and I have never felt any problem whatsoever so far.

19. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    I am used to ordering items from online store through COD facility of delivering them. It is safer to do that. However I found it later that online store that I used to make an order has stopped its COD method of payment. Anyway, when I make purchases online I see it that there is a COD mode of payment.

20. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Do you have to pay extra when you chose 'COD' as payment option or it does not apply whatever method you chose? In our case they charge a hefty some of fee on delivery against COD besides this option is not available on purchases. And of course you lose incentives which you avail paying through credit/debit cards of particular banks.