Cd Collection Gathering Dust

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by maxen57 • May 10, 2016.

1. maxen57

maxen57Active Member

Threads:
    In the past, we'd buy music or movie CDs to watch at home and we'd watch them anytime we want just for the sake of passing the time. We eventually grew tired of them and left them in storage . They're still where we left them and cleaning house will be done soon. I'm thinking if we should just take them out once more so we could watch them or just sell them cheap if anyone would want them. There are projects that call for old cds so maybe I'm just going to hold to them for a while.

2. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My brother-in-law has a collection of music CDs which he had invested money just to have the original CDs. He said that someday it will be valuable. But when the iPod came into fashion, he was disappointed because music is now easier to play. Now there are no more buyers of music CDs although most of those in stores are for souvenirs. Frankly, I had never bought a music CD because I am wary of the advancing technology.

3. obliviousme

obliviousmeActive Member

Threads:
    I guess you can keep them if they have sentimental value for you or if you have the urge to watch movies in an old fashioned way. Nowadays, movies are just stored in a usb flash drives or stream it directly online/netflix so cds are becoming obsolete.

4. davos

davosActive Member

Threads:
    I could take a chance in selling a collection for a hefty price through Ebay if you have rare acquisitions (signed discs, special limited editions etc.) for Vinyl. Collectors are very nutty in regards of rare stuff, and they are willing to loose thousands of $$ for those. You can put that in an auction and sell it to the best bid.

5. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    Yes! They were so dusty that I recycled all of the jewel cases and artwork and now keep my CDs in two sleek carry cases. I don't have any limited edition CDs or anything of value so I just got rid of it all.

6. rosemoon

rosemoonActive Member

Threads:
    I also have a collection of CDs that are just cluttering up my room. I've been hesitant about getting rid of them just because of sentimental value, but I should probably just throw them out already. I mean I doubt they'll ever be worth anything since they're nothing special to begin with. I have too many things to be worrying about old CDs.

7. artyarson

artyarsonActive Member

Threads:
    That's exactly what mine is doing right now. The last time I bought a CD was somewhere deep back in time, like 2007 or 2008. I have a lot of them at my house and I don't know If I really need them or not. It would be fine If I can sell them somehow for a minimum price.

8. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I already gave mine away to my younger relatives and they got a kick out of it. I had a passing thought of holding onto them and hoping for them to sell them later on when they become old or rare but I think that would take too much time and I don't think many of the albums I have would be highly sought after anyway. The thing I hate the most is that all of the CD players I was able to dig up all turned out to be broken and most of our pcs and laptops we have now don't have a disc drive, but we just listen to the songs online and browse the catalogs which is pretty much the same I guess.

9. Dame6089

Dame6089Active Member

Threads:
    I used to be an avid cd collector even after the digital age with the invention of itunes. For me, I preferred to have a physical product in place of a digital product especially with the prices being so similar. However, over the past couple years, I have switched to using Spotify. I pay $10 a month and have unlimited music. While I still love physical discs, the money I save on Spotify is worth leaving my cd collection in the dust.