Celebrating Two Kids Birthday Party On Same Day

Discussion in Toys, Kids & Baby Stuff started by naruto100 • Nov 10, 2017.

1. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    Hello friends,

Just few days back I have attained one birthday party which was hosted for two kids. Actually my cousin's both kids having birth date in same month. May be a week gap in date. So he decided to choose one single day between it and celebrate the single party for both of them. So it is good idea and I am sure he can give good party with saving good amount of money as he has to pay for one party instead of two.

His kids are still quite young, so I don't know if this trend will go on after kids will grow. But for now he can take advantage for sure.

What you say?

2. mildredtabitha

mildredtabithaActive Member

Threads:
    I also doubt if the trend can go on when they are grown. But this method of celebrating birthdays for two kids will make the kids bond together and they will still look forward for another day where they can celebrate together.

I know how hard it is for parents to bring similar presents on different birthdays so as to make the children feel they are loved equally. Putting their birthdays on the same day not only solves this problem, it is also economical. :)

3. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It's not just saving money but it's saving time. When it comes to guests, there is a lot of work for parents to arrange lifts and things and if there is one party it's less hassle and then also there is an issue if a friend comes to one party and not the other. Kids get upset, because parents may have other plans and can't accommodate two parties in a short space of time.

4. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    Well this would make things a while lot easier to plan and execute, which of course would mean money saved and time saved too. If only this could be done all the time and later in life too.

5. nangk08

nangk08Active Member

Threads:
    Actually, if we talk to our kids about it, it is more fun that way because I celebrated my son's birthday party that way last year. I was down with flu last year on his actual birthday and so could not have a party for him. A few days later, it was his best friend's birthday, a girl, who is also his classmate. So her mother and I just happened to talk about it and we had an idea of celebrating their birthdays together. We had the kids' along with their mothers and took them all to a popular place in my city, we carried food and cake and had a picnic for them. They all had a great time and plus we both shared expenses equally so it cost us comparatively less than we would spent otherwise.

6. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    Really true. This can save lots of time of host and guest too. And yes saving money is one of the advantage too. But I wonder if this trend will go on for years. I mean his kids are still young, but I wonder if they allow the same thing after they grow. But yes for now he is doing good by this plan. At least instead of throwing two parties, he can make single and better one.

7. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    Ha ha.. Yes gifting section is always hard, at least for me. And yes when it comes to two kids, I wonder how can I face such thing.

About celebrating birthday together, I agree that it will bring kids together. This is good part of it. But I wonder of this kids will allow or will want the same thing in future. Only time will decide. But yes it will be wonderful if they keep this thing for years.

8. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I agree to this joint celebration of birthday for siblings because that can definitely be a money saving style. But that is only ideal for siblings. Having a joint birthday celebration of cousins or even non-relatives is not a good idea for it may create a sort of competition between the celebrants and their families.

9. tallulah

tallulahActive Member

Threads:
    I think this is a great idea! Especially for siblings or close family members. But it might only work best for smaller children not older than maybe 5. I have also seen some weddings done this way where twins decide to get married the same day to save costs. If double celebrations like these are well planned, it saves up a lot of money for all parties concerned.

10. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    @Alexandoy@Alexandoy That's true. It may surely not go smooth like it will go for siblings. So yes this idea will not work if they are cousin or relative. I guess it will be okay if they go for party (only family member) to some restaurant and share the bill later on. But yes this is not the thing they can repeat every time. I mean it depends on many situation and also the related people.

@tallulah@tallulah Yes, they can do proper celebration in one, instead of doing two separately. Like this one party will look really rich compare to two separate parties and also in one party they can save money as many things will be combined. So yes it is really good idea. If two family are quite close and understand each other then I think they can share many parties and such things this way and save the money. Yes marriage is also one of celebration where we can share the spend.

#10Nov 13, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2017
  11. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    If I had two small children I would definately have tried this idea as it makes sense to make one party instead of two in the same month this, saves time and money. I have known of many parents who do this and the kids have so much fun and none feel left out and they bond more this way. But you are right maybe when they get older they won't take it the same way but who knows.

12. wallet

walletActive Member

Threads:
    I agree, this,ethod is very useful now when the kids are small, I am sure that later when they will grow with a few years they will not accept to celebrate their's birthday in the same day.
    Still, this method is saving a lot of money!

13. Kimika

KimikaActive Member

Threads:
    It would save the parents some money if they do a single celebration for two kids. But once they grow older, I think the parents need to make a bit of explanation since some kids do not understand. I do have a cousin and two of her children almost have the same birthday, I mean they are just a day apart from each other. They celebrate their birthdays in one celebration, but as they grew older, the younger one doesn't really understand some of these things yet, the older one is already in high school. Are having a bit of a problem since the older one doesn't want to celebrate her birthday along with her brother.

14. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    The most economically feasible way is to turn the two parties into one. This can be done by reaching consensus among people who are celebrating their birthday. :p

15. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    @wallet@wallet Can't say that thing for sure. I mean they can celebrate together even after growing up if they have better understanding with each other. But yes surely it is hard to carry one. Because each person have different thinking and different liking. Surely this will be not matter when they are kids, but after they grows up this might change and things can be different.

@Kimika@Kimika Surely it is hard to carry on. I mean after kids will grows up their liking and demands will be different. So they are quite young now and doing it with quite joy. But things can be different after they grow up. But surely it is not must thing. if they having better understanding with each other then yes they can carry on. Parents can play really important role in this thing. But surely they don't have everything in their hand.

#15Nov 14, 2017
  16. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    If everything is well planned and the parents have agreed. I think there's no problem. It's much better if they're related for it's a big party.

Believe it or not, last October we had a grand birthday party. We're nine of us who are born in October and they're all the members of our family. It's a success. All of us did enjoy the big family birthday celebrations.

17. Kimika

KimikaActive Member

Threads:
    @naruto100@naruto100 I think if the kids would be taught well while growing up, it would be better. The parents can always tell the kids that they are doing that to save money. Kids won't get it if they grew up like brats, but a good kid would surely understand.

#17Nov 17, 2017
  18. Natasha0717

Natasha0717Active Member

Threads:
    @naruto100@naruto100 We still do that now, my brother's birthday and my niece's birthday fall within the same week, and they're both also very close to Thanksgiving. So we've been celebrating all 3 occasions on the same day - on Thanksgiving.
    But that's what we do, I'm sure my niece and her family and my brother and his (new) family have their own separate parties at home. I don't think kids (or adults) mind sharing a birthday, as long as the birthday is celebrated and not forgotten! ;)

#18Nov 19, 2017
  19. Barida

BaridaActive Member

Threads:
    @Alexandoy@Alexandoy Doing it for siblings is the better way for it and ensuring they know it's a birthday for them is another to keep things working normal for them. Such act will save you time and money to do that on separate occasions.

#19Nov 19, 2017
  20. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    That's really good. About kids or adult, I guess it depends on their understanding. If understanding is well enough then surely they will not feel uncomfortable in going together. But these days many people used to follow their own ideas and mind. So I guess not everybody can follow them or they may be have their own ideas. So like this it is hard to do it together. But surely it is not the case for everybody as its depend on people.