Ceramic pan

Discussion in As Seen on TV started by fruii29 • Dec 29, 2013.

1. fruii29

fruii29Member

Threads:
    I love watching these TV commercials. I've really enjoyed the ceramic pan commercial, though I don't know the exact name of the product. What I like about the product is that the food does not stick! Not even burned cheese or burned sugar! It was so awesome! I love to buy it but it is quite expensive. I understand why this is expensive,because of the technology used there. It is definitely cutting edge! I'd like to have one of those!

2. avasmom

avasmomMember

Threads:
    The OrGreeNic pans? I have seen mixed reviews. People either love them, or hate there - there is no middle ground. Ceramic pans, like cast iron, need to be seasoned regularly, and I wonder is this is the cause the the negative reviews. Without seasoning they would lose their non-stick properties rather quickly.

3. fruii29

fruii29Member

Threads:
    Oh wow! I did not know that. I've only read reviews about these ceramic panson the internet. I have not came across to a negative review yet. But, I guess I have to research more. I'd really like to buy the ceramic pans. I was so impressed by the technology!

4. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    We had these green pans when they went by another name, and the surface was more of a light grey. Stuff would stick to them like crazy after a few uses, and they start to discolor too (turn brown) - which is probably why they are selling them in all these loud colors nowadays, perhaps to hide that. You can buy an individual pan at places like CVS or Target, and avoid paying all the shipping and handling costs on TV (not to mention getting suckered into all sorts of other offers).

5. costin

costinActive Member

Threads:
    I don`t know how it`s called in your country, in mine it`s Delimano and I don`t regret any cent spent to buy it:)
    I can cook my breakfast in few minutes and it tastes divine, no matter the combination I mix in it: chicken, spinach, cheese, butter, olive, oregano and so on

6. Ruth B.

Ruth B.Active Member

Threads:
    They do look wonderful, don't they. But oh yes, they DO stick. Not the first few times, but after that, mine sticks just like any ole regular pot and pan.

7. Allison2021

Allison2021Active Member

Threads:
    I bought a ceramic green pan from Target. It was priced at $19.99. That was a cheap price. I took it home and gently washed it. I tried and tried only to use the silicone utensils with it. Silicone will not scratch the surface. The non scratched surface is what keeps it nonstick. So far so good. Nothing sticks. Yet, I expect it to only last one to two years.

8. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have wondered if the pans worked as shown on TV, these non-stick finishes do not last very long on most pan when used by people who do not want to give them the extra care needed to keep them non-stick. The cast iron pans will last a life time if taken care of, they must be seasoned, you do not want to let water set in the pans as it will cause them to rust. I love cast iron pans, I have seen pans still cooking good meals that maybe more than 50 years old.

9. atribble73

atribble73Member

Threads:
    My Mom has one of these pans (if you are referring to the green ones) and she said nothing sticks to it and she loves hers. I am thinking of getting me one, because everyone is going to have different opinions.