Chatabout.com Is A Scam!

Discussion in Scams = To Good To Be True started by Destiny • Apr 11, 2016.

1. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    OMG @DreekLass@DreekLass how on earth have you managed to avoid the 9-5 drudgery all your life, you lucky thing LOL!? I'm seriously jealous of you. I just feel like all I've ever done is commute and work! -and to be honest, I'm at a point where I really wish I could just chuck it all in and work from home. But as you know, our online earnings just don't cover all the expenses. I'm not joking, if I were to land a long term online job that matched what I'm on now, even without any benefits, I'd drop my current job like it's hot. I'm just sick of it.

2. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Lol. In one way I am lucky, but my mother detests that I have not flown the coop and made a life for myself out on my own yet. So I have had to give up my self-respect in a way, and or societal respect. But I am learning not to give a rip what other people think about me. It is about how I feel. So it is not the wonderful freeing thing that it may initially seem like, so no need to be jealous lol. I feel for you hun, and so many other people feel the way that we do, and just have no choice but to keep going unhappily. Money, money money. I don't encourage it, but I certainly understand why people commit crimes in order to get large sums of money, so that they can be free.

3. Vinaya

VinayaActive Member

Threads:
    ChatAbout certainly is not a scam site. It has paid me twice. However, the site discriminates the user and blocks users without any reason. The site denied m third payment and locked my account. When I talked to other users of the site, I came to know a person who has been regularly paid since a year. My advice is no not take risk. You never know when the site blocks your account. The site deletes the users, but keeps his content without giving credit to the writer.

4. hades_leae

hades_leaeActive Member

Threads:
    I actually learned about this site 1 week ago, I knew it was a scam site after reading so many negative reviews. After reading that it would take 1 week to make $5 dollars, that alone would keep me from joining, I learned about the point system, I don't like it at all. People did say that it took a long time just to make their money.

One guy said that a long time ago they offered $5 dollars for 500 points, and then changed it to 1000 points for $5 dollars. I don't know if they have had good history with some people in the past, but reading those reviews were good enough to keep me away.

Always do your research on these companies, it could've saved you all that time.

5. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I still have my account at ChatAbout, and have been getting emails about specials that give extra points for this and that, so I had considered going back and giving the site another go. After reading the posts here, I don't think I'm going to do that. Most of my other sites are really slow right now, so some extra income would be nice, but it seems I'd do better to look elsewhere, or spend my time working on my shops, rather than relying on income from a site that might not approve my work or fail to pay me, without giving a decent explanation for why they're failing to do so.

6. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    Thanks for the information about. Chatabout.com. I had seen previous negative reviews about this site before and your's is another confirmation that I should stay away from the site. I have noticed that there are a number of sites which persuade people to do tasks, sometimes very tedious and time-consuming, to earn rewards, only to disappoint the participants by not giving the rewards as promised when it's due

7. Burungu

BurunguNew Member

Threads:
    You know, the thing is, that these new sites may have some bugs and glitches in their automated system. Sometimes these sites have admins that slack off on the regular. I mean like how do these sites plan on making money when people keep leaving after not receiving that first pay. I surely won't hang around any longer and there goes that long term revenue source. I just don't get it. :(

8. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Chatabout is currently closed down. One morning, it was working just fine, updates were being made and everything, and by that afternoon, it was gone. The main page now opens to a blank screen, the other pages all pop 404 errors. I have no idea what happened.

Even if it really was due to "technical difficulties," I think the least they could do is find a way to let people know what went wrong. I hate it when sites just disappear and you don't hear anything about it.

I had just cashed out, and I did get paid (though I heard from some people that didn't). I still don't like wasting my time though, since I had begun trying to build my points up again after cashing out. Time is money (at the very least it's money I could have been making elsewhere in the time I spent there).