Cheap Cell Phone Plans

Discussion in Landline & Mobile Phone Networks started by steph84 • Nov 8, 2012.

1. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    I have prepaid service by Page Plus and pay around $5 a month for talk and text and I absolutely love it. I don't even use all of my minutes and end up using their $10 for two months. I highly recommend using this service because it is super clear and you can use your old Verizon phone. I also use Google Talk to talk to text for free.

2. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Wow, that's really cheap. It sounds good for a backup phone. I was recently robbed. I did eventually get my phone back, but I was without a phone for a few days.

3. zoeysmama2011

zoeysmama2011Active Member

Threads:
    That sounds good.really good actually! The only problem for me would be that the plan doesn't cover internet as well. I'm so accustomed to having internet on my phone and using out on a daily basis, that I would most likely stick with the plan i have. I pay a flat rate of $50/month, for unlimited talk, text, and internet. If I need to make any extreme cuts to my budget, I would get this plan. Is it available in the U.S.? I have never heard of it.

4. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    Nice share, Steph! I have not heard of Page Plus before either so I will have to see if I can find it here. I switched from Tmobile about a year ago and got a TracFone. I don't use my phone for much more than phone calls and a few text messages and am probably spending $20-$40 a month for the TracFone cards. It sounds like Page Plus would be a better option for me. Thanks for the post!

5. mnicole

mnicoleMember

Threads:
    that's a good deal. I use a low income phone service by verizon i only pay $7 a month and i get 1200 minutes which i dont even use all of it.

6. emily0531

emily0531Member

Threads:
    I would love to have a lower cell phone bill each month, too. I am happy with Vetizon's service, but it is very expensive. I have tried Sprint service, but was unhappy due to lots of dropped calls and poor customer service. My husband has Straight Talk service through Walmart and pays half of what I pay each month, and he has been very happy. We both use talk, text, and data services, so Page Plus may not work for us. It is good to know that plans like that are available, though!

7. reubhole1

reubhole1Member

Threads:
    Good tip. People here seem to have very cheap phone bills. I think it's time to re-evaluate my provider.

8. selina

selinaMember

Threads:
    Nice idea. I am very curious in searching to make my cell phone bill low. I think finding cheapest cell phone plan may include to make some compromise and I like to talk with my family without worrying about phone bills.

9. GemmaRowlands

GemmaRowlandsActive Member

Threads:
    One thing that you need to make sure is that you actually know what you really need from your deal. There are a lot of people out there who pay way over the odds for their plans because they have all kinds of things added to them when they simply aren't needed in the slightest. For example, on my previous contract I was paying for double the amount of cellular data that I used, because that was the package that I was advised to get. But I took that data off the plan and paid much less thanks to that. So, learn to know yourself and your usage habits, and it should be a lot easier!

10. jamiew23

jamiew23Member

Threads:
    That's a great deal you got! I'm currently on a £16 a month price plan but can get £8 cashback each month so only end up paying £8 a month for unlimited text, 500 minutes and 1GB of data. It's a 4G plan as well which is incredible! I highly recommend checking out cashback sites before settling with an online deal because a lot do give you cashback for going through their link :)