Cheap Dish Recipe #24 – Mushroom Galore

Discussion in Food & Drink started by Alexandoy • Dec 31, 2017.

1. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    This is a vegetarian food that can be a snack or a meal. The ingredients are button mushroom, carrots, corn, butter, garlic, cooking oil. The quantity of ingredients is up to you.

Chop the mushrooms in your desired size, likewise with the carrots. If the corn is in the cob, grate it. Crush the garlic and fry it until brown using little oil only. Set aside the garlic. Pour half a cup of water. Add the corn and a cube of butter. Let it boil for 10 minutes before adding the carrots and mushroom. You can add more butter if you wish. Turn off the stove when the carrots are cooked. Serve hot.

2. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    This is the 1st time I heard of such a recipe. It seems delicious and affordable. I can't wait to try it, it seems easy to make.

3. nangk08

nangk08Active Member

Threads:
    Sounds delicious and so simple to make with just a few ingredients. I have one question however, how to clean mushrooms properly? When I wash them in water, they absorb water and do not remain firm. Which is the best way to clean them?

4. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    Cheap is always good of course but this one seems a little more healthy than that might lead to. I used to hate mushrooms but now they are one of my favorites.

5. mildredtabitha

mildredtabithaActive Member

Threads:
    I love eating fried mushrooms but I am glad to have learned a new recipe from your post. Mushrooms are healthy and tasty. Cooked carrots are also healthy and I will make sure to try this recipe soon.

6. Beast_Titan

Beast_TitanActive Member

Threads:
    This dish will be cheaper if people will grow their own mushrooms. I am starting to grow mine and I have a harvest every 2 weeks. I grow mine in wood chips, rabbit manure and news paper.

I keep rabbits for meat but I just discovered their poop can b used for growing button mushrooms,oyster mushrooms and milk mushrooms.

7. Jamille

JamilleActive Member

Threads:
    We usually buy canned button mushrooms which are cheaper in stems and pieces than whole mushrooms. The whole button mushrooms look more appetizing though and a great add on to stir-fried vegetable dishes.

My dad used to grow oyster mushrooms which I find more delicious than button mushrooms. It's a good substitute for meat because of its texture. He grew them using sawdust and straw. It doesn't require a large area to grow mushrooms. We used to make our own mushroom burger patties using oyster mushrooms.

8. kaka135

kaka135Active Member

Threads:
    Thank you for sharing this dish. It looks like a dish that I'll like as I like mushrooms, so does my little girl. We always cook mushroom dish at home, with carrots and some other vegetables most of the time. I have not try to add corn into the mushroom dish yet, perhaps I will try that next time. I like to add different kinds of mushroom into the dish as well. Capsicums or peppers are another vegetable that I like to add when cooking mushroom dish.