Cheap Movies

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by danielle davidson • Jul 22, 2015.

1. danielle davidson

danielle davidsonActive Member

Threads:
    I know that sometimes it can be expensive when you need to buy a movie. That is why I usually wait until they go on sale to buy a movie that I want. If it's one that I just can't wait for, then I'll buy it because I know that I will watch it. Otherwise, I just think that it's a waste. I know that you can get good deals during Black Friday, but where do you get deals on the movies that you buy?

2. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    For cheaper movies, I just sign up with programs at certain cinemas that offer them where I can get a significant discount on snacks and tickets for myself and for my friends. The discounts aren't that big, to be completely honest, but if you're someone who watches a lot of movies, the small savings end up adding to a lot especially if you always go out with a big group.

3. danielle davidson

Threads:
    Oh yeah, that sounds like that is good. I mean that would be something cool to look into. I might have to see the savings that I can find. I go to the movies a lot with my boyfriend, so I'm sure that would start to add up savings wise. @DrRipley@DrRipley

4. Sue

SueActive Member

Threads:
    You can always get cheap movies at Wal-Mart. They always have deals. Also, at second hand stores or pawn shops. They usually have a huge selection to choose from. I've gotten new movies there too. I have also gotten great deals on movies at Garage and Yard Sales.

5. danielle davidson

Threads:
    That is true. I never thought about checking out a second hand store. There is a nice one that is about an hour from me, and I'm sure that they would have a good selection. Right now I've just been watching all the movies that I want online because that way I don't have to pay for them.

6. LeopardJones

LeopardJonesActive Member

Threads:
    I rarely buy movies because we still have DVD rental places in and around my area. The library lets me borrow them for cheap as well, but the selection isn’t always the best (aside from perhaps the foreign movies). Both will sometimes sell DVDs for super cheap as well. I actually do recall seeing some the last time I was at a pawn shop, but nothing caught my eye at the time. Still a viable option, though.

7. serbog

serbogMember

Threads:
    Well you can buy really cheap movies on eBay, along with some collections that sell for really low prices. Also Youtube sometimes sell movies with a fair price like 2-3 dollars. Or you can go join a site like Netflix where you pay monthly, but have unlimited watch time.

8. TheKnight

TheKnightActive Member

Threads:
    That's what I do and for some reason, movie DVDs in my area become very cheap only a few months after the movie was released. They usually go from 25.00 dollars to 8.00 dollars which are incredibly low priced. I suggest visiting a store where they specially sell DVDs or any sort of movies because they're usually cheaper there than places like WalMart.

9. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    Buying movies to me is a waste of cash - mainly cause they become boring. Instead, a better route is to rent them or watch them, as most people do nowadays in the US, on DVR or some sort of web TV configuration. However, though, it is true that certain movies are quite cheap to buy.

10. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    I either download them or buy the pirated blue-ray ones. For a little over $2 you can already watch around 6 clearly burned movies, so why bother shelling out that much for a movie trip wherein you'll only be able to watch the movie once, right?

11. FolkArtist

FolkArtistActive Member

Threads:
    You can buy about any used movie on Amazon for really cheap-but you have the shipping usually for $3.99, though sometimes the used DVDs are just a couple of dollars. Also online they have some free online streaming services like putlocker-that have some very good foreign movies and other genres as well. Also hulu and netflix have a basic price, kind of subscription for watching movies and old TV shows as well.

12. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    This makes me miss the little place we had here that was a good mix of a dollar theater and the real thing. They had good movies that were a little older but prices were good, the place was nice and even the snacks were cheaper. It closed down though, which was a bummer.

13. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    I think the best option is to stay current with the promotions that always appear some time or another. Most of the time it's a work that involves patience, but it's always worth it (at least for me :p).