Cheaper gasoline tips

Discussion in Auto & Moto started by DontFan • Jun 2, 2012.

1. DontFan

DontFanMember

Threads:
    Gasoline keeps rising and filling the car tank is painful, I am always after the latest cheapest way to get gasoline. My top 2 are:
    * GasBuddy, i love that application on my smart phone. Always finding the cheapest gas around.
    I am also reporting gas prices and getting into their gasoline card draw, hope to win the 250$ one day !
    * Safeway, i do quite a bit of shopping there and always accumulate gasoline discounts
    It's quite easy to cash in these discounts once you have their reward card

Do you have other tips about finding or buying cheaper gasoline ?

2. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    I have heard that you should get your gas in the mornings or evenings when it is cool outside. You actually get more gas than if you fuel up when it is hot outside because gas expands in the heat.
    I am going to have to check out GasBuddy, that sounds good to me.

3. Alaska7

Alaska7Member

Threads:
    I know this is an old thread, but I just wanted to share a quick tip!
    Recently my parents decided to buy a large screen TV for their living room. Recognizing that this would be a large price from Best Buy, they bought Best Buy gift cards for the amount of the TV from Giant Eagle, thus earning a discount on gas from GetGo from their large purchase at Giant Eagle! Just a little tip for those who have large purchases to make from a specified store, and want to save on gas!

4. Linky

LinkyExpert

Threads:
    That is a great tip, thank you so much Alaska7! I also have a credit card that gives me money back for purchasing gas at a certain gas station. It adds up, actually. Also being very aware of the gas that you use for the mileage that you use...you can see sometimes where you can rather cycle or walk to place rather than drive. All the little things add up to a HUGE saving.

5. Sandra Piddock

Sandra PiddockExpert

Threads:
    In the UK, I buy my gas at Morrison's and use their fuel reward card. Their gas is cheaper than most anyway, and the reward card equates to a further 1.5p per litre off the gas. When you accumulate enough reward points, you receive a £5 instore shopping voucher. Every so often, Morrison's do a promotion whereby if you spend £40 or £50 instore, you receive a money off voucher for fuel. I save the £5 voucher and use as part of the qualifying spend, which means I'm maximising my fuel rewards.

In Spain, one fuel station group offers 4 cents off each litre of fuel on Wednesdays, so I always ensure I buy my fuel then. Look out for similar deals where you are.

One thing to remember is that driving around with a full tank of fuel adds to the weight of the vehicle, resulting in fewer miles per gallon. Unless you do a lot of motoring and need to carry a full tank, never keep your vehicle more than half full.

6. Blossom

BlossomActive Member

Threads:
    My family sometimes shops at Bi-Lo and I always get to use the rewards card to get gas. My mom and sister usually do the shopping and I reap the benefits. Can't get any better than that.:p

7. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    Another tip to get cheaper gasoline involves tires and oil. It's a good idea to use synthetic oil and keep the tires properly inflated. In addition, special fluid for your vehicle can help clean out the engine giving you better gas mileage and higher grade gasoline can do the same, depending on whether or not your vehicle is suited for it.