Christmas gift ideas for a 5 year old girl...

Discussion in Toys, Kids & Baby Stuff started by lrd913 • Oct 17, 2014.

1. lrd913

lrd913Active Member

Threads:
    My niece is five years old and I have no idea what to get her for Christmas this year. Any suggestions? She already has a lot of card/board games, and she has most of the Disney movies at this point. She's a girly girl, but I'm not sure what to buy her. I bought her a really nice necklace with her initial on it, but I'm saving that for her sixth birthday in June.

Any help would be appreciated and I would love the input.

2. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Girly girls probably like playing with dolls. Lots of small girls do. I'm by no means suggesting that you get another doll [I suppose she has enough of those] rather I'm thinking of something a little further off . . . a doll house. It would make a great gift.

You could also get her a large stuffed animal.

3. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    The young girls in my family love playing with clay so I would recommend that. I think that is a nice gift where kids can express creativity and it's also good in the way that it's free form so everyone can enjoy it along with them, and having people to play I adds a lot to the experience of toys. There are also lots of toys and tools out there that are great for clay such as the kitchen products of play dough which adds a bit more dimension to the experience since they could play pretend kitchen play.

4. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I also have to buy gifts for pre-schoolers (5 years old and below) and my best bet is Lego for boys and dolls for girls. Some people think that dolls are already passe but I am seeing a lot of little girls holding on to their dolls, meaning they still want dolls in this modern age. I'm not saying Barbie because that is expensive but there are lots of good dolls here.

5. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I would suggest a stuffed toy based on her favorite cartoon character, like for example she likes Dora The Explorer, so buy a Dora stuffed toy or any merchandise that has Dora on it, like a bag or something.

6. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I would suggest a gift that a 5 year old likes whether it is a boy or girl. Lego's are liked by both sexes and at all ages. I still get creative with Lego's when I can. Coloring books are all so a gift that has no age limit.

7. Lupa06

Lupa06New Member

Threads:
    @Ird913
    Once children reach this age there is not much they already don't own, from tablets to board games and doll houses. One thing I have come to learn about children is that they never have enough clothes. My niece for instance who just turned six, loves to play with paint, jump in puddles and loves spreading her spaghetti on herself. As a result, my sister throws out a lot of her clothes and has to replace it.
    Therefore, every year I always buy her clothes (along with some stocking stuffers). Leg warmers are a bit hit!!! Every little fashionista is wearing them this season, I also buy clothing that see can play in and some for going out.
    If you're looking for a toy, then shopkins is the big rage now a days.

8. MrsJones

MrsJonesActive Member

Threads:
    I'm all for educating in arts and music. I purchased a mini keyboard for my grandson when he was five and he loved it. Colorful sticker books with favorite characters or assorted graphics my niece loved those. Just think outside of the usual.

9. shoptodrop

shoptodropActive Member

Threads:
    Innotab is great, or Leap Frog reading books. There's also really great kindergarten and first grade learning books at Walmart that I love. They include stickers, learning all sorts of things, and really making them think. They're great and I've gotten two or three of them for my 4 year old and am going to get more. But young kids really love Innotabs and Leap Frog reading books that come with the pens.