Christmas Spirit

Discussion in Seasonal & Holidays started by Diane Lane • Dec 11, 2016.

1. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Usually I am in the Christmas spirit months ahead of time, planning what I'm going to do, how I'll decorate, and what I'll be making for gifts and dinner. This has been a rough year, with the loss of a family member, and so it's taken me a lot longer to find my Christmas spirit.

I was actually thinking of scaling back my celebration, and only putting up a small tree upstairs, where I spend a lot of time in the Winter, since it's warmer up there. I moved the furniture yesterday and pulled some of the decorations out of the Christmas closet. It's a small space/closet under the stairs, and in order to get in there, I have to move everything around in the living room. I pulled out a few things and put the furniture back. I shampooed the carpet up in the office, thinking I would put the tree up there, but then I decided that I'll put the tree up in the living room as usual. Surprisingly, I might put one up in the office, as well.

I hung the wreath on the front door and put up the Christmas clings, and between those activities and going through some of the decorations, it seems I've finally found my Christmas spirit.

Are you ready for Christmas? Have you already decorated?

2. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I do hope your Christmas is a relaxing one. Last Christmas was tough as my father had just survived heart surgery so this year will be better I hope. We don't do much, but we have been out for a few Christmas dinners, and the local towns have the trees and decorations up.

We do have a neighbor who has garish flashing lights, but thankfully it's at the other end of the cul-de-sac, otherwise it would be very annoying. I just want a quiet time, and then to get New Year over with!

3. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It seems that the Christmas spirit is deserting me this year maybe becauase of my poor financial condition. First is my goals for myself like a new computer. Second are the gifts that I fail to buy due to lack of money. But still and all, we are decorating the house in its full regalia like last year to at least feel the Holiday season. I hope that the Christmas spirit will be felt when our decorations are all installed.

4. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    A week ago our youngest daughter had started reviving our old Christmas tree. She decorated it with the Christmas lights, added new decors which she recently bought from the local mall here. Christmas spirit is now within the wall of our humble home. Our grandchildren are so happy to see the blinking, glittering lights of Christmas tree. Our family has plan to put some gifts underneath the Christmas tree and could only be opened on the eve of December 25. That is a good idea.

5. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I put up my usual corner tree downstairs, and also a 9 foot strand of pine with lights on it over the entertainment center, which functions as my 'fireplace' for the holidays. I have been spending most of my time upstairs though, since it's warmer up here, so those have barely been lit. I put up a small silver fiber optic tree in the hall landing here, but I put white lights on it, since I couldn't get the fiber optic part functioning. I also just put up a tiny lit tree in the bedroom. I am starting to get into the Christmas spirit. I have to say, watching a day's worth of Christmas movies on Ion Television helped me along with getting into the spirit. I pulled out my pizzelle maker earlier, and will start making cookies soon.

6. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    i have no Christmas spirit this year. However, from obtaining a plethora of Amazon certificates, I was able to get my family better gifts than I have the past few years. I felt good about that..It helped to make me feel a little holidayish. I just haven't had an overall good year, so it has kept me feeling a bit less enthusiastic than I could be.

7. Binu

BinuActive Member

Threads:
    I am not a christian, however, I am a religiously tolerant person. Therefore, like always I have wished my Christian friends "Merry Christmas" and send gifts to my close friends. Today is Christmas day in my country. I have not decided yet, however, I think I will go for a quite dinner with my friends.

8. Jamille

JamilleActive Member

Threads:
    I've never decorated my house for Christmas and we don't have a Christmas tree, but I would always prepare for Christmas Eve and the Christmas day itself to celebrate the occasion. I also have gifts for my son, my nephews, and niece. It's not as festive as before because my sister is out of the country and I don't feel complete without her physical presence. I've been feeling melancholic, too, and I'm missing my parents and my sister who had passed away.