Classic Cars

Discussion in Auto & Moto started by worldmachine • Apr 13, 2015.

1. worldmachine

worldmachineActive Member

Threads:
    Modern cars all look the same, all drive the same and have no character in my opinion. They may have great specifications, great technology and safety features but i miss the vehicles of the 60's and 70's.

Classic cars were individual and had loads of character and many felt vastly different to drive from others. Obviously today's cars are designed with performance and fuel economy in mind but the designers seem to be lacking in imagination. Back in the 60's and 70's cars had weird and wonderful designs and seemed to have their own personalities, now they seem much duller with a similar uniform design across the board.

What does everyone else think?

2. allswl

allswlActive Member

Threads:
    That's why they are called classic cars. the newer cars are lighter much more aerodynamic (which is what I think governs most of the current car designs). Also some systems in the car are new and many of the old systems have been done away with. These newer cars are even more fuel efficient.

3. Eiko

EikoMember

Threads:
    I can really relate to you there. I feel myself drawn much more towards older styles and classic cars than to newer models. I feel like classic cars really have a charm and show character that most of the newer ones don't. Although newer models tend to have more of the futuristic look that I remember dreaming up when I was younger.

I appreciate the older cars a lot more than newer ones, since I don't feel like I'm sitting in a plastic container. My older car could definitely take a lot more beating than these newer ones ever could, although it sacrifices in it's gas mileage.

4. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Some "classic" cars are absolute rubbish with bulky designs, poor handling, and mechanical parts that are prone to breaking easily. There are maybe a couple dozen classic cars worth owning, and the rest aren't worth your time. I'd rather have a recent vehicle that's got more power and more personality, and such cars do exist despite OP's belief.

5. BrandonScooterman

BrandonScootermanActive Member

Threads:
    Classic cars do have nice design, they are all about the looks. They are also very simple and easy to work on with a standard set of tools.
    That's the only advantage of them though.
    They are not fuel efficient or very safe. They don't handle very well either, most of them anyways.
    Carb's are very very fussy on them too. A lot of the time you have to play around for a bit to get it running, including spraying that carb spray. They ride a lot rougher than newer vehicles.