Clothes For Kids

Discussion in Toys, Kids & Baby Stuff started by Sunflogun • Jul 21, 2015.

1. Sunflogun

SunflogunActive Member

Threads:
    One thing that surprised me last April when my kid turned 8 was that a friend gave him clothes. Actually I thought it was a great idea because we always get packed with toys and clothes do help a lot. Have you done this too?

2. Sue

SueActive Member

Threads:
    Clothes are always a good choice. My grand daughter loves to receive clothing, especially if it is something with a logo she likes, like Hello Kitty, Monster High, etc. Kids usually end up getting way to many toys for gifts and never really play with them all.

3. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    When the kids where smaller we would exchange clothes within the family while the kids were close to the same size, it does help the budget to have someone that can give you clothes that have not really been worn because kids grow so fast.

4. Briannagodess

BriannagodessActive Member

Threads:
    In our case, it is the opposite. We get a lot if clothes for our son. Especially during his first birthday. His cabinet is now stock full of clothes given to him by friends and family. We especially love the basics given to him as he got the most use out of them. We rarely get toys as gifts and so we buy them usually.

5. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My preferred gift for kids is clothes. I'm sort of good at selecting clothes that are "cute" (and kids love that) so I'm almost always certain that the clothes will be regularly worn. The reason I always choose clothes over toys is because I know most people buy kids toys. Or they already have too many toys. Why get them any more when you know they won't play with the new toys [for long]?

6. purplepen88

purplepen88Active Member

Threads:
    I like giving and receiving clothes for my kids especially for my youngest. I have two boys so my youngest always wears hand me downs unless he gets new clothes as a gift. I think this is why I will give clothes for gifts to my friends children. I am always looking at kids clothes at the end of season for good sales on clothes that do not go out of style. ( swim suits, sporty tshirts, hoodies etc.) Then I have gifts ready for Christmas and birthdays. I like giving clothes that kids really want too so I always ask who their favourite sports team are and try and get clothing to match their favourite team.

7. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I haven't bought a kid any gift yet, but that's something that I will do for sure if I'm required to give a gift to a kid. I think clothes are cheaper than buying toys, right?

8. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Nope.. never. I force my children to wear garbage bags and they can earn the right to a clean one when they wash MY clothes lol.

So I'm guessing I read that wrong the first time lol. But no. Clothes were never fun to open. As a mother, I would appreciate someone buying my children clothes, because they could always use them (although I despise everyone's taste in clothes, but that's another post lol).. but when it comes time for me to buy for another child, fun is first on the list.

9. shoptodrop

shoptodropActive Member

Threads:
    I love that people do this! I've gotten so many clothes from people giving them to me when their kids are done wearing them. It saves so much money! It happened with both of my kids too so I am so happy it worked out like that. But since their kids are grown up and I don't have friends that have kids to give them to, I post them up on Craigslist and offer them for free. And it'll end up going to people that really need it so that makes me happy to help others out too!