Cold water for weight loss

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by iluvmario • Sep 25, 2012.

1. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm not really sure if specifically drinking cold water really helps in weight loss, but drinking lots of water in general helps suppress your appetite, and naturally, it will help you lose weight. Also, drinking 8 glasses of water per day is the recommended daily consumption of water, so you'll be hitting 2 birds with 1 stone if you drink water often per day.

2. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    I have no idea about this one but I do know that you can drink cold water, not to cold to hydrate the body. Our bodies need cold water all the time to keep us fit and in good running condition per-say. It won't hurt to try it, so we can see what will happen since water is good for us and we don't drink enough nor get enough of it, because we are drinking all the things that are not good for us.

3. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I drink ice water all day long, I can assure you this does not work, lol. It's an interesting theory though. I've also heard contrary advice, that you should only drink lukewarm beverages and also the complete opposite that you should only drink hot beverages such as tea because it helps with digestion in some way to lose weight.

4. alc89

alc89Active Member

Threads:
    I think it assists in weight loss, but we shouldn't rely on it 100%. Apparently, your body will work to lower the temperature of ice water/cold water that you consume. It burns about 8 Calories to do this. It really isn't a lot, seeing how many of us are eating between 1000-2000 Calories a day. However, if I were to drink 8 glasses of water a day (which is recommended), my body will use about 70 Calories to warm up all that water throughout the day. 70 Calories in one day still isn't a lot, but it's better than nothing. I think it will help, as long as we are already eating healthy and working out.

5. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    It does indeed work, you have to drink a lot to suppress your appetite though. I use the technique to stop myself from pigging out during the day.

6. owesem75

owesem75Active Member

Threads:
    cold water is not ideal to drink after your meal.. it solidifies the oil in your stomach making it difficult to be removed. In the middle east, people eat a lot, and they drink hot tea or coffee after meal. Drinking normal water (not cold, not hot) is just fine.

7. Kitty Reeves

Kitty ReevesActive Member

Threads:
    I've of drinking ICE water will help you lose weight, because your body has to work a little harder to warm it up, but I'm not really sure if that's true, or a myth just accepted at fact. I mean, just drinking more water in general has tons of health benefits? Asides from just being plain ole good for you.

tumblr_mjx9p7SNwT1rl92sgo1_500.

8. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think that is such a minor help to lose weight that is makes it insignificant. The only thing that works is working out and eating right.

9. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Cold water really does help to lose weight but not significantly. What it does is it speeds up your metabolism, or it asks it to word harder by lowering the temperature of the cold water to body temperature. When your body has to work more, the greater the calories it expends.

10. philipgust

philipgustMember

Threads:
    I would have to say that I do not believe that...

11. hayrake

hayrakeActive Member

Threads:
    Water is my drink of choice. All the time. I used to drink it cold but have since started drinking it at whatever temperature it is when sitting out. I understand that it is more easily absorbed in that way. Meaning the body doesn't have to work as hard at it. Which makes sense to me, but I can't say that I noticed any particular change in the effects on my weight after going from cold to room temperature. I rather doubt there is any.
    The big help in weight control with drinking water comes in the not drinking sodas or other sugary things. Even diet sodas will put weight on you.

12. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    You have an appetite for a reason. You need to eat food, not suppress your hunger and deprive yourself. Your body is hungry, you need to feed it and if you feed it actual foods, there is no reason to starve yourself to avoid weight gain. Everyone's ideas about health and nutrition is so out of wack, it's scary.

13. ABC123

ABC123Member

Threads:
    Personally, I have tried to consume four or more water bottles filled with cold water through the day. I believe it adds up to about 24oz. a day. By drinking so much water, I do not eat as much. I also know that when I start to fill hungry, I should drink water instead. If I snack, then I gain weight. In addition, I know that if I do not drink enough water through the day I develop headaches and/or I am less energized, so I become more lazy in them actions, which can contribute to weight loss or lack of weight loss. I know that warm water like tea and coffee tend to relax my mood. Cold water seems to give me a boost in my alertness.

14. Determined2014

Determined2014New Member

Threads:
    I have never heard of that one but it does make sense, becasue if the water has to be get to the body temperature then the body wil have to use some energy to do that, I have onlyhad of hot water, but it is good to know that cold water ca help in weight loss.

15. kjonesm1

kjonesm1Active Member

Threads:
    I have never heard this before, but it sounds like one of those diet fads that does not work. The concept of weight loss is very simple and basic: burn more calories than you ingest. If you want to lose weight change your diet to one of fewer calories and find ways to work them off.

16. wahmee

wahmeeMember

Threads:
    Cold water bloats your stomach as does drinking excessive water with your meal. Water should be drank half an hour before and after a meal . It just that we feel weird with fiid particles in our mouth. As far as water temperature is concerned it is essential you drink like warm water to prevent bloating