Controlling acne inexpensively

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by classicnyer • Sep 27, 2012.

1. almari_011

almari_011Member

Threads:
    I used apple cider vinegar before but I hate how it stings my face so bad! :( For now, I'm using egg white + Honey mask on my face every night. This prevents acne breakouts and also helps clear my skin. Honey also helps in fading pimple marks. This way, I won't have to tolerate the stinging sensation apple cider vinegar brings.

2. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I do the ACV on a cotton ball thing.. I hold it there for a bit and it takes care of the problem. I would drink it, but it's so bad for the teeth.

3. difrancprod

difrancprodBanned

Threads:
    This is an awesome post. Thanks for this tip. It's really going to help a lot of people who have acne problems but can't afford to go to the dermatologist. Natural products are also really oftentimes the best remedy.

4. marciana

marcianaMember

Threads:
    Cheapest way for me would always be the basics: keep the face clean, load up on water, eat just the healthy foods, avoid touching the face, enough sleep, rest, exercise, and a stress-free life. But if the pimples are there already, I manage to keep things in control by using a tea tree oil. It has antiseptic properties that heals and dries pimples.

5. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    I would also have to recommend toothpaste as a topical solution on some acne that won't go away or acne that you feel will form. Toothpaste is very drying and it will just dry you're skin and pimple that is forming without actually irritating your skin since it is not using harmful ingredients like salycic acid.

6. GavinMcresty

GavinMcrestyMember

Threads:
    I have seen this tip recommended elsewhere. Alternatively, you can simply change your pillowcase every night to ensure that they are always clean when you sleep on them. This might be quite expensive in terms of the extra laundry it requires though. Another tip I have heard is not to wash your face with excessively hot or cold water as doing so can irritate the skin even further. Just use warm water rather than any extreme temperatures.

7. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    You're right; apple cider vinegar does get kind of sting-y, as does lemon juice. I've never heard of an acne controller that didn't sting at least a little, actually. If egg whites and honey work without stinging, then that's awesome!

8. AngryItalian

AngryItalianMember

Threads:
    I have used methods like these and they work great, but I went through so much apple cider in the process.

9. nick_ro

nick_roNew Member

Threads:
    Actually, I read somewhere that daily face cleaning will not help that much. Obviously, you need to maintain a proper hygiene, but the amount of acne you have depends on the quantity of sebum secreted by the oil glands under the skin.