Cooking Products

Discussion in As Seen on TV started by soulglazed • Aug 3, 2012.

1. soulglazed

soulglazedMember

Threads:
    As you probably know, there's about a million As Seen On TV products that are related to cooking. Which ones have you had good experience with and which ones have you had bad experience with? I know one thing, I still want to try a NuWave oven but I hear mixed things :rolleyes:

2. Magic Pixel

Magic PixelMember

Threads:
    There was a 'convection-cooker' sometime ago (an air-frier) abd also a hyper-efficient mincer/grinder/blender kit. I am not a big TV shopping enthusiast though. But those 2 things I remember. Also a knife sharpener.

3. Spongecake

SpongecakeNew Member

Threads:
    I purchased Eggies, which is a product designed to help hard boil eggs. It was a gigantic mistake. Filling the product was messy and near impossible, and it leaked everywhere while I was trying to make the eggs. Then, after that, you have to attempt to clean all 3,000 pieces, which is way more trouble than it is worth. Buyer beware.

4. soulglazed

soulglazedMember

Threads:
    They should pay YOU for having to deal with that mess ;)

It seems like ASOTV products are hit or miss when it comes to cooking but

is always a good money saving resource, I wish I had known of it earlier.

5. FlanneryCam

FlanneryCamActive Member

Threads:
    I got a SlapChop for Christmas one year. I think it was a gift because I loved the commercial and someone thought it was funny.

So I've tried to use it. And it's pretty much a pain in the butt, messy, useless contraption. I still think the commercial is to die for, but I only pull out my SlapChop when I need to chop a ton of garlic. That's the only thing I both using it for.

6. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I forget the name of it but Ron Popeil used to advertise a rotisserie on TV and I had that rotisserie for several years. It was a great product. I wish I still had it. Actually, I just remembered that it was called the Showtime rotisserie. That product is a keeper.

7. Cornholio

CornholioActive Member

Threads:
    My mom bought me a NuWave oven (but not that particular brand per se) and it works pretty well. I really like it because it doesn't heat up the entire kitchen when I use it but it gets things nice and crispy. It is super easy to clean also so I definitely give it two thumbs up.

8. edvisual

edvisualBanned

Threads:
    I once tried (bought) I don't actually still know the name of that (this happened some time ago), something that you can cook food using steam. I didn't liked that thing because it didn't cook the meat well. The only thing I liked was how it was cooking the veggies, they tasted great !