Damaged Items.

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by Belovedad • May 23, 2017.

1. Belovedad

BelovedadActive Member

Threads:
    What do you do when you order something online but when it arrives, it's not as described. That is, it's still usable but has an issue or something. Returning the item can be a hassle sometimes so do you just suck it up or do you go through the extra work?

2. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I just bought a bag from etsy.com. It is what I really wanted and the price was excellent. It came in just 3 days from TX too. I opened the bag and was looking at the bag and testing all the zippers. One wouldn't go back to close about 2.5 inches or .0635 meters. Etsy.com has a section to e-write the seller if needed. I did e-write them, and was working things out with the customer service who said they would take the bag back for an exchange or refund. I like my bag, so they said to try again for it should all work. It's brand new and it needed some coaxing and it closed really good. Then I said to the customer service I'd put some wax on it and I'll keep it. Usually when I buy it's just as it is advertised. I'd ask the seller about it and one magic phrase "looking forward to working together with you on this"... is not threatening nor conforming. If you are unhappy with your purchase see what can be done for you bought in good faith. I feel it's best not to fight, but to get what you wanted. It's up to you though...I hope thing work out for you with your purchase.

3. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I had bought a garden hose for a cheap price (less than $10). When it arrived, I couldn’t attach it properly to the faucet. There’s a leak. It’s not actually defective but there is a missing part, a rubber gasket maybe. I returned it for free using the local courier here. No problem. But when it came back to me, the verdict is that there was no missing part. And that turnaround of sending it back to them and arriving back to me took more than 2 weeks. Oh well, what I did was to make an improvised rubber gasket and it worked fine.

4. moondebi

moondebiActive Member

Threads:
    A few days back, I got a good deal on buying a frying pan which costed almost half of its original price. I was delighted when placed the order as it seemed to be a profitable deal. However, when the utensil arrived, found that the lid is not setting properly with the pan as it was little tempered. I felt disheartened as I really liked the pan, and initially thought not to go for a return. But, then it was of no use without the lid. Eventually, I returned the product and got the money back.

5. Beast_Titan

Beast_TitanActive Member

Threads:
    You have to return it and threaten to give a negative review if the damaged goods you have won't be returned. It is your right as a paying customer. You have to get what is your money's worth. This is what makes offline shopping better, it is easier to get a refund.

6. harijobs

harijobsActive Member

Threads:
    I ordered a mobile cover for my Moto and the cover that I ordered was a little bit scratched. It was not actually damaged and so I just started to use it. It all depends on the amount of damage.

7. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I hate returning things, but if it wasn't too expensive then I just use it if I can. If it's worth sending back then I will, but only if I can be sure of a refund. With private sellers I would be apprehensive, but if it was a major company then I would do it as long as I got the postage refunded.

If you have to pay for the return then you have to weigh up the cost, and unless it is covered by the seller then generally I won't. I always check the returns policy before I buy online just in case.

8. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    Lately I had ordered from my favorite online store a battery pack for my laptop. I ordered the same specification of that of my laptop's battery pack. When I opened the description or the specification perfectly suits the original one. I replaced my old battery pack with the new one. Sad to note, however, the said battery pack didn't work. I tried several times. It's the same it didn't function. I had to return it for replacement, but I have to shoulder the incidental expenses for returning the item. I didn't bother anymore. I kept it as a souvenir.

9. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    Well few things can be as frustrating as getting a damaged item from an online order, but I bet that most of us have had it happen. It is more a hassle and let down than anything, but hopefully companies are getting better.

10. dane

daneMember

Threads:
    I've been very lucky so far, almost everything that I've ordered online has been as I expected it to be. The few times that there was something wrong, it was always something so minor that I could easily overlook it without compromising the quality or effectiveness of the product so I didn't bother returning it.

11. FergusMacLeod

FergusMacLeodMember

Threads:
    I barely even purchase anything online to be honest, since online shopping is not very well developed here where I live. At least not yet. Sometimes it happens even that I order something online and I never receive it. So I would rather receive the damaged one than none at all. But if it would happen to me to get a damaged item, I wouldn't do much at all. I would be kind of disappointed but no big deal. I would suck it up. But to be fair, it is because of the country I live in, if I were somewhere else I would probably just return the item.

12. ursellb

ursellbNew Member

Threads:
    @Nakitakona@Nakitakona You should have just asked for a refund instead of keeping returning the battery.
    Don't just settle and keep the item.

#12Jun 30, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 3, 2017
  13. kaka135

kaka135Active Member

Threads:
    I personally have not encountered any issues before, but my husband ordered a few items from AliExpress previously and found some of them chipped off (wooden products). He took the pictures and showed this to the store owner. The store owner said he will give my husband a discount of certain amount for his next purchase.

I am not sure if this is a better solution. It will be costly if we are to send back the items. But I'd prefer the owner just refund or send a new item. I heard some responsible shop owners do that, they will bear all the consequences, but it might cause them losses in doing so.

14. Kieranlewix

KieranlewixMember

Threads:
    I have not experienced any defects with the products I have ordered online previously. The only time I had an issue was when I ordered an e-book and I had no idea that it was not something tangible that I could hold. Silly me right? I made such a fuss but the sender explained that it would be sent to my email address and you can imagine the shame I felt for not knowing such basic things. I however learnt something that day. Personally I don't believe in sucking it up and I am the kind of person to make a big deal out of not getting my money's worth. I think you should too.

15. walter12

walter12Active Member

Threads:
    Well i have experienced several products that were delivered while in a damaged state, fortunately the retailer refunded me promptly.

16. littlewitch66

littlewitch66Active Member

Threads:
    If it's damaged I will return it but if it's not quite what I thought it would be I will keep it and put it down to experience because I can't be bothered with the hassle of returning it. I can't count the amount of clothes I bought that weren't really suitable and have been thrown to the back of my wardrobe to collect dust!

17. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    I will go return it because I would want the product how it is claimed to be since I did pay for it. If the damage is minimal then I guess I would safe myself from all the hassle and just keep it as it is. I have returned one thing which defect was really affecting the use of the item so there was no other way than to return it.

18. iamawriter

iamawriterActive Member

Threads:
    I regularly buy online specially from Amazon in. Not every item is as per my order. Sometimes what I order does not satisfy me and even then they are willing to take back and give me full refund. Recently i had ordered for some enamel cookware. I found the size too big. I returned them and they gave me full refund.

19. NinetyEighty1

NinetyEighty1Active Member

Threads:
    It honestly depends on the item itself and how much money I paid for it. If it is something along the lines of a book that I paid around $25.00 or under and the pages are slightly torn but readable, then it is no problem. If it is something along the lines of a gaming device, gadget or something expensive then I would immediately demand a refund and do what I can to get my money back. Chances are after I get my money I will shop else where for the item for a cheaper price,.

20. TheOtherSide

TheOtherSideActive Member

Threads:
    If the item is still fine and working exactly as it was intended to do, then I guess there is no harm done. A simple scratches and dent here and there that doesn't make the item incapable is still tolerable but one should at least report the said issues so as not to happen again. But if the damage is great that the product is no longer usable or has been rendered defective, then you should ask for a replacement immediately.