Deoderant - Could You Go Without One?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by littlewitch66 • Jun 5, 2017.

1. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    Well I think that I could, but then you have to think of the others, which would make me anxious about knowing that I smell, and then I couldn't do it. Maybe on a private island though.

2. debbyola

debbyolaNew Member

Threads:
    I believe it is possible to never have to use deodorant. My ex-boyfriend never used deodorants because he didn't grow alot of hair in his armpit. He would perspire and sweat but it never caused body odour

3. DavidLee

DavidLeeMember

Threads:
    @littlewitch66@littlewitch66 :eek:haha! How practical is this? Never ever does she use a deo/antiperspirant? It's recommended you know..it's not that perplexing but she should get one for real in summer times. It also gives a comfy and refreshing feeling, you know..

#43Jun 26, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2017
  4. littlewitch66

littlewitch66Active Member

Threads:
    @DavidLee@DavidLee Although we don't usually have extreme heat in the UK we recently had a massive heatwave where everyone was flaking out and I wonder how she coped with that. Everyone was dripping, even people who can normally tolerate the heat, it was so humid. I must ask her whether she wore one during that week.:)

#44Jun 27, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2017
  5. DavidLee

DavidLeeMember

Threads:
    @littlewitch66@littlewitch66 I bet you will, Lol
    I'm more amused because all this discussion is based on a 'She'..
    I thought ladies were most concerned when it comes to such issues. I even thought there might be a Deo for ladies' popiteal region (the back of your knees) :D:D

#45Jun 28, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2017
  6. Tiile23

Tiile23New Member

Threads:
    Hell yhh :D I'm not a regular user of deodorant unless am going for an appointment or a very important gathering. Well, I'm quite sure am not a loner in this but as a guy, I think this is also influenced by the number of lady friends you have. Guys with numerous lady friends are usually fond of deodorants: as ladies like it much. However, guys like us with limited number of lady friends are not really keen on issues of body odour and easily get by even without bathing sometimes.

7. Ani_m

Ani_mMember

Threads:
    I couldn't, that would certainly not work for me. I do know some people that make their own deodorant to avoid the chemicals mostly. But they also save a few bucks with a good batch that will last them more than a store bought one. Maybe some people could if they don't sweat too much.

8. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    I naturally don't use a deodorant because I don't have a strong body
    odour. I am currently working at a dry cleaner and I use petrol to
    remove grime before washing with a powder detergent. The residual
    smell is quite pleasing at a very small cost. I am not averse to
    purchasing a clothing deodorant since its cheap and works no many
    clothes at a time.

9. Shana Peckover

Shana PeckoverMember

Threads:
    It's definitely possible to live without deodorant, but it does make the world a much more pleasant place! I cannot stand to smell my own body odor and would not wish it upon anyone else. I am amazed at how many people do not use it or have not found one that works for them. I understand that some people choose not to use it for fear of "health" reasons, but Toms makes a great all natural formula.

10. Malibeast

MalibeastMember

Threads:
    It's absolutely possible to go without deodorant -- if you don't emit body odor without it. I have a friend who never has applied underarm deodorant or body spray -- apart from cologne (to smell nice, not to suppress body odor) on special occasions. He doesn't give off any body odor at all -- even after an intense workout. I'm so jealous of him.

So, yeah, you could theoretically go without deodorant.

11. anupamas2

anupamas2Active Member

Threads:
    It's not impossible to go without a deodorant. However, I prefer to use one. Sometimes I do forget to put it on, and it is fine. I do perspire but its not so smelly. Secondly, since I am working in an air-conditioned office, there is actually no need of a deodorant. But the weather in my country is hot and humid and we do perspire a lot. Here almost everyone is using a deodorant.

12. FolkArtist

FolkArtistActive Member

Threads:
    I am not sure I could-but its true some people do not produce the bacteria that leads to underarm odor. The smell is caused though by bacteria living in your armpits that breaks down lipids and amino acids found in your sweat- and turns them into substances that have a bad odor. I would like to find more of a natural deodorant though-what are some good cheap ones?

13. tallulah

tallulahActive Member

Threads:
    I can never leave home without using a deodorant. Either a light body spray or armpit roll-on. I do not have a body odour so this is not the reason why I use deodorant. I use deodorant because it keeps me fresh no matter what the time of the day it is or what the weather condition says. It has just become part of my beauty routine and its impossible for me not use it. I have several of these but my favorite is Nivea. The only exception or extreme that I feel some tend to do is overlaying the body with heavy oil-based perfume. I only use oil based perfume occasionally for evening outing or any fancy occasion. For every day use, my simple Nivea roll-on and fresh powder body spray is just fine for me.

14. nanachan7

nanachan7New Member

Threads:
    Never! Hahaha! :D I know there are people that don't need deodorant. The lucky few. I heard it's in their genes or something. But based on my experience, I do not agree that you won't need it if you did not start using it. I was in 4th grade when me and my Mom noticed that I smell so I had no choice but to start using one. I did not use deodorant prior to that. So it really depends on the person. :p

15. PAYAKNAPAGIISIP

PAYAKNAPAGIISIPActive Member

Threads:
    I wish I could but my underarm would stink if I don't use one. I am not that conscious on how I look or how my get up looks like. I am certainly uncomfortable if I think I smell bad.

16. littlewitch66

littlewitch66Active Member

Threads:
    @DavidLee@DavidLee You know I do wonder whether some people don't notice their own smell so are not conscious that they are offensive to others. I know someone who is a heavy smoker and her sense of smell is terrible. She doesn't seem to notice any bad smells at all so perhaps some people are just oblivious that they smell awful :(