Deodorants

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by Peninha • Jan 13, 2014.

1. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    When buying a deodorant surely we want to smell good, but above all don't smell bad right? I've always used Rexona and done good with it, but when spending a few days at my parent's house I tried Old Spice from my dad and I liked it. Finally I bought (it was not expensive) it and man it was disappointing, after a few days I literally stink like never. I threw it away half full and bought Rexona back!

What deodorant work for you?

2. Hedonologist

HedonologistActive Member

Threads:
    I used a stick of Alum. I did it first of all out of concern for parabens, but then after trying it I found it worked much better than other deodorants. Whereas many deodorants simply mask the smell, and antiperspirants stop sweat Alum simple kills all the bacteria responsible for producing the smell. It doesn't contain a fragrance itself, but I find it's better to have nothing than one good and one bad. It doesn't clash with the aftershave then either.

3. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I prefer Dove. I think it's more moisturizing than most deodorants, has good lasting power, I don't need to reapply and also the scents are better (they have a lot to choose from and I find them lighter... I hate deodorants with strong scents). I do like Secret as well, but I usually stick to Dove.

4. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Interesting post here Hedonologist, I've never seen deodorants in that way. I know that they are more than parfum, I like the antiperspirant concept, how does this exactly work and that probably should be mentioned in the bottle no? Is alum a brand or what it it?

5. randee555

randee555Active Member

Threads:
    I alternate between Dove, Degree, and Secret. They all work extremely well for me and have really nice scents. I like for my deodorant to last as long as possible and I found with some of the cheaper brands, it wore off faster. So now I stick with these 3 and wait for a good sale, topped with coupons, and stock up on them.

6. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think alternating is a good thing so that the body doesn't get accustomed to the same product. Sometimes our bodies do suffer changes that we fail to understand like it's happening to me right now, not even my Rexona deodorant is working properly, maybe it's just some new medicines I am taking that are messing up with my body and possibly no deodorant can help me.

Randee, luckily I often get 50% off promotions on my local supermarket, pretty awesome! :)

7. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I use Rexona, but when it runs out and I don't get to use it until I buy another one, I notice that I don't seem to notice any difference when I don't wear one. Maybe my body isn't the type that is dependent on deodorants.

8. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    You're pretty lucky sidney, up to 3 or 4 years ago I didn't sweat much as well, but recently apparently my body suffered some internal changes and the deodorant has become a concern because no one likes to stink lol! I'm just 37 so maybe it's due to my treatment, but I try to see the upside of things, I know the deodorant market and it's prices much better! :D