Did You Buy Anything In Preparation For Christmas?

Discussion in Misc & Others started by iamawriter • Dec 12, 2017.

1. iamawriter

iamawriterActive Member

Threads:
    I suppose most here would say yes but I am curious to know what were the items you bought this year. I have been shopping online for quite a few things as I am having a party for the seniors from an old age home close by. I bought puzzles for them as I think they should spend time on using their brain which most do not. Then there were decorations mostly blue and silver. Yes. That is my theme this year.

2. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    This thread is a good reminder for me because I still have to buy some more gifts for Christmas. I am not procrastinating but I have to admit that there are more promo coming up a week before Christmas. Even just an added 10% discount is big deal for me.

3. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well this year there is one less gift to buy sadly, for my Mother passed. I have bought my presents already. I start early watching Target and Walmart for extra special deals on what I want to buy for this year for gifts. Got my Christmas cards that this year I've needed everyone of them and I'm 4 short, so I've got to go and look for Christmas cards. I'll be waiting for the after Christmas sales for more cards for next year. Great bargains at after Christmas sales especially at Walgreens. Since I've got to get more Christmas cards for this year I'll go to CVS which has a 30% off on Christmas cards. They're on the internet so you can browse your State's CVS sale for the week. There are dollar stores across the mainland that we don't have here in Hawaii, so you're lucky to get good deals there too for what you need. Good luck in your Christmas shopping! Happy Holidays everyone!

4. iamawriter

iamawriterActive Member

Threads:
    That is a good idea when you definitely know there will be sales round the corner. I know of some who will grab a few things the very next day of Christmas in readiness for the next year.

Sad to hear about your mother but life has to move on. You are indeed wise as keeping a watch on sites that announce sales is a sure way to get the best deal. And when you succeed you get that spring in your step. Hope you will get your cards to your satisfaction.

#4Dec 13, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2017
  5. mildredtabitha

mildredtabithaActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't bought anything in preparation for Christmas but I have taken advantage of some good Christmas offers. I just did the normal shopping as I would any other day. I might consider buying gifts next week as more offers will come up during this time.

6. Barida

BaridaActive Member

Threads:
    Taking advantage of good offers from stores around remains the best way to shop during the Christmas period and it becomes better when most stores are looking on how to make much sales during this period.

7. Barida

BaridaActive Member

Threads:
    Getting products that we need ahead of Christmas can be both time saving and cost reduction mechanism which is evident when we consider the fact that most of the things we buy before the period cab triple in prices. However, I'm not doing major shopping during this period since I plan on celebrating on a low key.

8. iamawriter

iamawriterActive Member

Threads:
    As long as you have made a list of what you want to buy waiting for those discounted sales is a good idea. I cannot do that as I normally do my shopping online and those last minute sales will not suit me as they will reach here later than when I need them.

9. iamawriter

iamawriterActive Member

Threads:
    We all have moods and conditions that do not call for great celebrations. You must have had great Christmas events in the past. How did you celebrate Christmas then? Anyway you must be having something this year too What will it be?

10. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    :)Thank you, kindly. Went window shopping today for cards. Went to Walmart..they got 32 for 2.38! It's a mix of 8 different kinds of cards, 4 of each... the sayings I couldn't read, for I didn't have time today. That's the best prices I've ever seen for Christmas cards. But, I need 35 so, I'm hesitating about it. I want to get the after Christmas sales, with the best prices of up to 70% off at some stores. I do move on, but at quiet times, and some shows about those who passed, tears come to my eyes.

11. iamawriter

iamawriterActive Member

Threads:
    So you have three dozen friends and family to wish this Christmas. That is quite a big number and I hope you will get a good deal. Yes. We need to move on despite occasional tears

12. littlewitch66

littlewitch66Active Member

Threads:
    I am mostly up together with my Christmas shopping now but there are still a few bits and pieces I have to get. I still have the part I hate to do and that's the wrapping. I would much rather stick something in a gift bag but it spoils the surprise a bit. A lot of my shopping has been done online this year as I have had a nasty virus which has lasted a month and I didn't feel well enough to shop locally.

13. iamawriter

iamawriterActive Member

Threads:
    I was just going to suggest gifts bought already wrapped. Some online sites offer that free feature. This year my maid did all the wrapping. There were 50 gifts to be wrapped and each of those packets a few things put together. I am having a party for seniors this year.

016.JPG