Diet Soda

Discussion in Sports & Fitness started by rares209 • Mar 4, 2015.

1. hayrake

hayrakeActive Member

Threads:
    You're right about them tasting foul. I don't think anyone who likes a regular soda ever tastes a diet soda and says, "Oh! That's great!"

No. The best you ever hear anyone say is, "Oh. Not too bad."

Or, "I can deal with that if it helps me lose weight."

It's definitely an acquired taste. Like cigarettes. But who wants that?

And still, these things are addictive and they sell.

2. allswl

allswlActive Member

Threads:
    Diet soda has been seen as healthy by many people when it actually is not. Although most are calorie-free, it will not necessarily assist you in losing weight. University of Texas researchers have found that over a ten year period, drinkers of diet soda saw a 70% greater increase in the circumference of their waist compared with non-drinkers.

3. KimmyMarkks

KimmyMarkksActive Member

Threads:
    I heard that diet soda is actually worse for you then regular soda. It has artificial sugar which actually causes you to crave sugar later on. It also is full of unnatural chemicals which can cause cancer. It is similar to how fake sugar is worse for you then regular sugar.

4. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think that it is indeed a marketing manipulation and it's still as bad as those regular sodas. The only difference is that it contains less sugar, so it is not as sweet as the regular soda, so it makes you think that you are getting the "healthier" version.

5. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    :oops:Diet soda according to Dr. Oz is not good for your health, but I do drink diet 7UP that I love, but limit myself after watching Dr. Oz and what he had to say about it.

6. Verity Darkwaters

Verity DarkwatersActive Member

Threads:
    Soda is in general unhealthy and harms our health. Diet soda is actually worse because it has so many "extra" chemicals and artificial sweeteners. I could NEVER tolerate the taste of diet soda and I have always hated it. Some of my friends drink it and it has helped them lose weight, but I'm not willing to try it. I'd give up soda before I'd go on the diet soda band wagon.

7. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The first diet soda hit the market, we bought some for sampling. The taste did not suit me so I reasoned that perhaps drinking water is better than that. I am not health-conscious but I also give a thought on good health habits. But with the diet soda, we only buy it for house guests who prefer diet soda, particularly the so called black Coke (in can). I'm just glad that I am not diabetic so I can still drink the regular soda.

8. FolkArtist

FolkArtistActive Member

Threads:
    I really do not like the taste of diet soda that much and besides they have never proven that you can lose more weight by drinking diet soda either. Also things like diabetes and obesity are concerns when you drink diet soda. So far though the FDA and other health organizations have found diet soda safe-so go figure about all the talk you hear about diet soda. I really do not drink a lot of soda these days anyway but every now and then I have some.