Dish Network Blackouts

Discussion in Digital & Web TV started by seanbisepic • Dec 22, 2014.

1. seanbisepic

seanbisepicNew Member

Threads:
    Hi all!

I just wanted to know if people are aware of what's going on when it comes to Dish Network and their blackout of Fox News.

I've recently just been contracted into a 2 year agreement with Dish Network recently and I typically watch Fox News regularly. I was caught off guard when I noticed that the channel had suddenly vanished from my guide. I of course went online to read up on the recent contract negotiations, and found that they're sitting in a standstill.

Fox & Dish appear to be having significant negotiation issues between the two, and I wanted to make sure that if anyone really wants to get the most out of their Dish Contracts, I'd definitely suggest calling Dish up and asking them if you can be partially reimbursed for the missing channels and such. (Especially if you do watch Fox News Network)

If you want to read more into the current negotiations:

CNET:

Engadget:

Fox News' Hype Page:

Dish Network's Hype Page:

2. helpingcollier4

helpingcollier4Member

Threads:
    These disputes between DISH and networks is growing tiresome. They just finished a dispute with Turner Classic Movies being the main channel pulled from the airwaves. I realize that FOX News is not innocent in this fight, but it is certainly a shame that DISH continues to experience these conflicts over programming. What is even sadder is that DISH customers pay for a certain package of programming and then receive other channels instead! Hopefully a resolution can be found very quickly.