DIY Beauty and Hygiene Products

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by hellavu • Jan 12, 2015.

1. hellavu

hellavuActive Member

Threads:
    Have any of you ever tried to make your own Diy beauty products? In elementary school, we once made some DIY lip balm, with some honey wax and vanilla scent and I don't remember what else. The taste was not as delicious as store-bought, but it did a pretty good job helping against dry lips and winter cold!

I also once tested the tip about washing hair with baking soda and rincing with a mix of water and Apple cider; it did work.

Curious, I looked up more ways to save on products by looking for DIY beauty products online. There are so many of them! But some of them require way too many ingredients (like, homemade deosticks, I think!)

What do you think? Have you ever tried it? Would you ever try it for curiosity or saving money or even for having a more natural product?

2. Epicfied

EpicfiedMember

Threads:
    I use DIY beauty things all the time. I love making body and face scrubs.
    Those usually are a mixture of coconut oil or olive oil, brown sugar or sugar, green tea can be added, honey, water, etc. Just a mix til it's the right consistency for your preference.
    I love coconut oil for anything. It's a great, natural eye make up remover, just make sure to wipe it off gently. It's also a great deep conditioner. Just run it through your hair and let it sit for about ten minutes, then rinse, wash, and condition your hair like normal.

3. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I want to try making my own beauty products but since I have no prior experience, the likelihood of messing up is really high. So instead of doing something from scratch, I try to utilize the same product for various uses. For instance, a lipstick can be used as substitute blush-on. Instead of using facepowder, I simply use a face cream which is cheaper and helps you achieve the same smooth finish. I did try using fruits and vegetables as an alternative mask. They're really effective.

4. Epicfied

EpicfiedMember

Threads:
    YouTube is an amazing source for so many DIY beauty products. They're more informational and usually give you a better understanding that just simply googling it.

You can create your own liquid eyeliner with eyeshadow and eyedrops/contact solution.

5. DesignerMum

DesignerMumActive Member

Threads:
    I make DIY scrubs from natural products and fruits, following recipes handed down by my parents' parents and family members. I like to make DIY scrubs from a combination of lemon and sugar. Another one is potato scrub, which I can use on areas where the skin feels flaky. Honey and sugar makes great peeling agent to use on my feet.