DIY beauty tricks

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by maddie • Nov 16, 2012.

1. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    Do you have any tips and tricks to do up your eyebrows or maybe a pedicure/manicure or something at home quickly without having to spend money at the salon?
    I thought it may help people to find everything in one thread. I will book mark this if there are great suggestion on this thread for future reference.

I have a wide mouthed, short jar in which I have olive oil and sea salt mixed. When the cuticles on around my nails look rough and need some help.. I warm this jar in the microwave, dip my fingers into it for about five minutes and brush it of with a nail brush. Keeps my fingers soft and nails looking good.

2. almari_011

almari_011Member

Threads:
    I don't go to a salon just to have a hair spa or hot oil. I do it at home and buy the product in the drugstore. It's way way more cheaper that way plus it also gives the same result. :)

3. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    I do my own deep conditioning at home with mayonnaise (I've been told I should use home made mayonnaise, but I haven't done it yet) and a capful of lavender oil. It's just as good as any salon treatment, and better than most of the diy kits you buy in the drug store. Just apply after shampooing, cover with a plastic bag and a hat and let it sit for twenty minutes or so, then shampoo out.

4. jayjacinto

jayjacintoMember

Threads:
    look up 'Michelle Phan' in youtube. She is a make up artist. I'm no female but i dig her techniques. She can imitate celebrity looks, she even made her own face resemble Angelina Jolie's! look up her sister too! the name is 'Promise Phan'. She is as good!

5. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    Thanks for these great tips and I will dig up some tips for this thread soon and post them here.
    here is the video tutorial of how to do up smokey eyes

[video=youtube_share;zupy7R4uR2g]http://youtu.be/zupy7R4uR2g[/video]

6. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    If you have puffy eyes or bags under the eyes, it is a sign of water retention.
    Reducing the salt in your diet helps.
    You could also help yourself by placing your index finger right under the bridge of your noes on either side and by using a little amount of pressure massage in a semi circle up to your ears.
    Do it a few times a day.
    It would help if you use some cream or oil to reduce pulling and wrinkling of skin. Do the same from the corners of your mouth to the area under under your ears.
    Doing this early in the morning for a few minutes helps drain all lymphatic fluids and reduces the bags under your eyes.
    Place cold, used green tea bags on your eyes. It helps brighten and freshen your skin while reducing puffiness.

7. trishgl

trishglActive Member

Threads:
    Unfortunately we don't all have the extra cash to spend on a foot spa so here are a few ideas:

Bye bye calluses:Combine 1 cup brown sugar, 2 tbs olive oil and some crushed strawberries until you get a paste like substance. Scrub it on the soles of your feet as well as your hands. Wash off then wrap your feet for 10 minutes in warm towels to seal in moisture. Strawberries have acidic properties that exfoliate the rough spots on your soles.

8. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    Wrinkle defying natural skin care.
    Take some Green Thompson grapes, cut them in haves, squeeze the pulp and apply it on your face and neck. Take care to get enough around yours eyes, laugh lines and your neck.Leave for twenty minutes before you wash off.
    Follow this regime twice weekly and you can defy those lines that mar you face.

9. ChanellG

ChanellGActive Member

Threads:
    You can get rid of morning eye puffiness with a teaspoon and some ice water. If you put the spoon in a glass with ice and water, you can use the back of the spoon against the puffy area under your eye and the puffiness will go down. Just chill the spoon again as needed on each eye.

10. jleadbet

jleadbetActive Member

Threads:
    I've done different things from time to time. I really liked a sugar scrub I made, and my Grandma always told me to put tooth paste on a zit. I used to follow a site called Pioneer Thinking that had a lot of homemade beauty ideas, but I haven't looked in ages. This thread has inspired me to take it up again and save some cash.

11. jayjacinto

jayjacintoMember

Threads:
    I used to put two spoons in a fridge and let 'em cool overnight. When I wake up everyday I cover my eyes with those frozen spoons until they warm. Hey I'm no feminine but this is a good trick to take those bags out..

12. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    Here are thirty tips taht I found useful and thought I could share with you... Understanding her is a bit difficult but you get used to it quickly..

[video=youtube_share;2wWZhGfurN4]http://youtu.be/2wWZhGfurN4[/video]