Do gas prices increase over the summer in your location?

Discussion in Auto & Moto started by Lostvalleyguy • Jun 13, 2014.

1. Lostvalleyguy

LostvalleyguyActive Member

Threads:
    Whether is is the lead up to a long weekend or the summer, gas prices increase. This has nothing to do with the supply price and everything to do with hitting the customers hard. While prices go down after these events, they rarely return to where they were before keeping the price of gas steadily on the rise. We frequently see a 10 to 15 cent per liter (roughly 40 - 60 cents a gallon) increase over a long weekend with the excuse that the price of oil is high. With the uncertainty in Iraq right now, the prices are beginning to rise in anticipation of using that as an excuse.

Do your prices for gas fluctuate a lot? Does the price have more to do with holiday schedules than world events that actually impact oil production?

2. Allison2021

Allison2021Active Member

Threads:
    Gas prices near me are about $4.00. I notice that two weeks before every holiday the gas prices peak. It is only a couple of weeks from Independence Day. So, the prices have risen once again.

3. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, gas prices raise for holiday weekends in our town. For example, July 4th weekend is coming up (a U.S. holiday) and most of the local residents will try to fill up their tanks beforehand. Thanks for the reminder!

4. JoshTheboss

JoshThebossMember

Threads:
    Always. I live in the South East USA and prices rise a good 30 to 60 cents per gallon. It's very noticeable.

It's just an opportunity to raise the prices, using summer travel demand as an excuse.