Do New Clothes Make You Feel Good?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by Sunshine • Mar 7, 2015.

1. wahmee

wahmeeMember

Threads:
    I love shopping for homeware and books at thrift shops but used clothes just aren't my thing. I feel really weird it them if that makes sense. I don't mind used bags. I do however love going shopping and finding an abseloute bargain. It makes my day and makes me love that item even more.

2. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't shop for clothes often — once or twice a year is good enough for me. But when I do buy new clothes and wear them, it certainly makes me feel good and since new clothes look great on me, the attention I normally get isn't something I wouldn't mind getting every other day :)

3. Andrea Phillips

Andrea PhillipsActive Member

Threads:
    Yes absolutely! I love colors and textures and the clothes I wear fuel my spirit. They also express my sentiments for that day.
    Having new clothes on is a treat because they are fresh and whatever reason you bought them - maybe for the soft feel or the airy flow - then you get to enjoy them and bring them to life.

4. kana_marie

kana_marieActive Member

Threads:
    Yes they do! They make me feel good every time I wear them for the first little while. Anything that I think makes me look good makes me feel good. It's the same as getting new make up or a hair cut.

5. LeopardJones

LeopardJonesActive Member

Threads:
    New clothes do make me feel better. I’d say it’s partly because I’m kind of picky about what I buy. So it’s always a little miracle when I find something I like, that actually has a place in my wardrobe. And I love trying something new on with all sorts of things I already own.

That said, my friends and I have exchanged clothing quite a few times, and we’re about to do it again. It always makes me feel better than actually buying new stuff. Knowing something’s found a new, loving home is so fulfilling.

6. btatro

btatroActive Member

Threads:
    Absolutely yes! And for this reason, I get a Stitchfix about every 6 weeks. I'm not interested in trying to find the time to go shopping, so getting items on my doorstop to try on is so ideal! They send 5 items in each box and you keep what you like, and send back what you don't. It has been an awesome way to add unique items to my wardrobe (and also to try things I may have otherwise never picked off the rack). While slightly on the pricier side, the benefits make it worth it!

7. sbatz72

sbatz72Member

Threads:
    I do not care how inexpensive the close are, like the Dollar General or Family Dollar for instance, I like getting new clothes. The best thing about getting new clothes even from these stores is they are new. They are not something someone else wore before. I like the new things.

8. Takeshi Fujimoto

Takeshi FujimotoNew Member

Threads:
    Clothes don't make the man, man makes the clothes. hahaha. seriously though, yes. I'm not ashamed to admit that getting new clothes does give me a temporary boost of confidence haha, sounds pretty shallow but oh well :p

9. cmjblue

cmjblueNew Member

Threads:
    I love to buy new clothes! I like the excitement I feel when I purchase something new. Most times I can't wait to wear what I have just bought!

10. Moroccanbeauty2266

Moroccanbeauty2266Active Member

Threads:
    I love getting new clothes and looking forward to wearing them.
    Especially nice outfits, such as a cute blazer, nice colorful blouse and fancy pants that match each other.
    It gives you a boost in self-confidence and you definitely feel really good about yourself.
    Every now and then it is good to treat yourself to something special like that.

11. cecejailer

cecejailerMember

Threads:
    It's really satisfying to buy new clothes... I always get an adrenaline rush. Sometimes I worry if that has a chance of becoming an addiction later in my life... Ever since I watched that Becky Bloom movie I've been wondering if I buy because I need those things or if I buy them just because I enjoy new things. Enjoying new things isn't wrong but I need to cut back sometimes... Overspending is a terrible thing.

12. filmjunkie08

filmjunkie08Active Member

Threads:
    Sure, especially if i havn't bought anything in a while. I think it is only natural to feel thst way,

13. davos

davosActive Member

Threads:
    I like the fresh and warm toch of new clothes. It makes me feel impeccable. That's why I buy a few clothes yearly but when I do, I look forward good quality clothes just to evoke those feelings, also, buying durable apparel is
    neat.

14. Alonzo123

Alonzo123Active Member

Threads:
    being human yes new clothes makes me happy and I am not a person who spend money on clothes a lot. but yes on events i use to buy new and it really makes me feel good.

Does someone have an idea about

?

15. Taraa

TaraaActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, yes and yes an absolute and big YES from my side. It makes me feel so good to buy new clothes. I love shopping.