Do you and your family usually eat out on New Year's Day?

Discussion in Seasonal & Holidays started by pandandesign • Dec 24, 2013.

1. pandandesign

pandandesignActive Member

Threads:
    As my family tradition, my family and I usually eat out on New Year's Day. It means the beginning of a new year and we all hope things will get better by celebrate this day as part of the eating-out holiday season. I am very heavy on tradition, which my dad is also heavy on the tradition because eating out on holidays is part of our holiday celebration. Do you and your family usually eat out on New Year's Day?

2. daimashin

daimashinActive Member

Threads:
    Yes my family does. We will gather all the relatives together on New Year's Day every year to have lunch. As we all live in different states, this is the time where we will all return to our hometown to meet and catch up.

3. XxMotleyCrueXx

XxMotleyCrueXxNew Member

Threads:
    Me and my family never eat out let alone on new years day, my parents and I don't celebrate new years, New years is nothing but another long awful year for me, and new years resolutions are a nice idea but I never follow through with them. I am a procrastinator.

4. JoanMcWench

JoanMcWenchActive Member

Threads:
    No, I try not to eat out at all on any holiday. Excluding my birthday but this is really not much of a holiday to anyone but myself. I hate when people have to work on holidays so I try not to contribute to the situation. I'd prefer to make a nice meal and enjoy it with others.

5. Kaylah

KaylahActive Member

Threads:
    It is just my boyfriend and I, but no, we don't eat out on New Year's day. We make a nice dinner at home. It is more relaxing to eat at home. I prefer to spend the holidays inside, they are better to me that way. I am also always in the mood to cook during the holidays, when I am not, usually. ;)

6. Cara18

Cara18Member

Threads:
    My family and me usually just stay home and eat. We just stay up all night the day before and watch the ball drop. I'm always scared when they start shooting.

7. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Nope, my daughter and I usually stay indoors on New Year's Day because I'm usually still recovering financially from Christmas. I just cook at home and we watch Kathy Griffin and Anderson Cooper ring in the new year on CNN.

8. themarting

themartingActive Member

Threads:
    we usually don't. Instead each sub family goes on about their days with immediate family.

We then get together after dark and celebrate together with alcohol and music until the clock turns. Soon after that everyone goes home.

9. rossonomous

rossonomousActive Member

Threads:
    We never eat out because we like to cook up a large feast for the whole family, just like Christmas day. We stay in and get merry :)

10. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    No, my family doesn't eat out, but it does seem like a very good idea. We usually eat some leftovers or a new meal made with leftovers. Eating at a nice restaurant would be a good change of pace.

11. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have never done anything on new years day. On new years eve my family sometimes gets together and does some fireworks maybe bbq or something but it isn't an every year thing. We never really had a tradition for the new year. Everyone just kinds of does their own thing, it would be nice to have a tradition but my family isn't really big on that.

12. True2marie

True2marieActive Member

Threads:
    No, me and my family eat at home and usually have a celebratory drink together. Then, we wish each other well and express our thanks for the previous year. It's a warm way to usher in the new year.