Do You Bargain When Buying Electronic Gadgets?

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by lucykey • Nov 8, 2017.

1. lucykey

lucykeyMember

Threads:
    I'm fond of bargaining when buying electric gadgets a habit that most people wont find necessary. Bargaining forms part of customer satisfaction when a customer bargains and gets a discount. This motivates many people to buy more. Recently I went to the store to buy a certain item that I seriosly need by then I tried to bargain on it but they refused and I feel bad and went to buy it from another store.

Do you bargain to get discount on you purchases?

2. wallet

walletActive Member

Threads:
    Actually, I do bargain when I buy electronic gadgets and not only, I am bargaining when I buy anything from clothes, furniture, shoes, dishes, etc. I always get a small discount from the seller, if I don't I try another shop and I end up spending less money that it should.

3. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    When I do get the chance to bargain I do it as it does save money and who doesn't like savings. Most of the time I do not get to bargain with electronics because I usually buy them in retail stores where prices are already set and are unchangeable but I do ask if there is some sort of discount going on at the time. Most of the time asking for discounts or specials have helped me save as sometimes stores won't mention the specials themselves.

4. TheOtherSide

TheOtherSideActive Member

Threads:
    Bargaining is the best part in trading and buying certain things especially if you sealed the deal or the offer went on your side. I almost always want to bargain for discounts when buying that's why my best place to go to is the flea market where all the fun things happen and the best deals are I think. I will always consider to bargain for a discount if I think the price is quite high or my budget is somewhat short.

5. walter12

walter12Active Member

Threads:
    I always bargain regardless of the product since most of the time the prices will be inflated and you might get charged too much.

6. NinetyEighty1

NinetyEighty1Active Member

Threads:
    The only places I would truly bargain for any electronics is online, on ebay for example. At least there I could get some potential reviews on who I am dealing with and if I might get ripped off. I really think bargaining electronics could be troublesome, if your seller is willing to go too low there is a chance you aren't getting quality equipment.

7. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It depends on the store on whether you can bargain or not. In the mall, almost all stores there have fixed prices on their products so bargaining is out of the question. But outside the mall, most electronic stores give an instant discount to bargain hunters. What I usually is to haggle then leave if the store wouldn't give in to my offer. After checking the other stores and the last price is the same then I would go back to the first store to buy.

8. Barida

BaridaActive Member

Threads:
    I don't think there is anything wrong with bargaining when buying electronic gadgets as long as you're not in authorized stores that don't let you do that. When I got a used pressing iron for my uncle, there was a bit of bargaining that made me get some discounts on the original price. So, it's pretty fine to bargain when buying products like that.

9. Athanas

AthanasActive Member

Threads:
    Bargaining is very important since it saves a lot of money. Shops that allow its shoppers to bargain always have many customers as compared to other shops. There are also shops that provide discounts on their products. If you compare the price of the same electronic device from shop to shop, there are differences.

10. iamawriter

iamawriterActive Member

Threads:
    When choosing such gadgets I doubt if there is any bargaining involved specially if one goes for those well known brands. Most of these gadgets come with fixed prices. I would look for warrantees and guarantees rather than look for cheap prices. I would look for products that have after sales service.

11. juan dela cruz

juan dela cruzMember

Threads:
    I always bargain on anything I buy from clothing to electronic devices or items. I always try to buy more than one item and asked for a discount because I am buying more. I am even asking for discounts or asking for less price in big malls. Out of 10 purchases on big malls I think I've got 2 or 3 stores that gave me discount or less price when I asked for it. Most of the time when you buy electronic item on malls you can have it on a lesser price if you will pay by cash.

12. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    If I realize that I have the opportunity to do this, I don't lose the chance to ask for discounts and I see no problem at all (especially when I pay everything in cash).

13. Keibah

KeibahActive Member

Threads:
    I always bargain when I buy anything. Not just electronics. I love the little discounts I get from a shop and I when I notice it is not a good deal, I kindly walk away. I always love to do what I call "market survey" before I buy anything. I do window shopping and I casually ask for price tags and all, that way I get the range and possibly the exact price so that when I'm finally ready to purchase I know how to haggle and meet half way with the seller.

14. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    When you are buying the device from the manufacturer or even from a store that sells the item, you usually can’t negotiate the price with them, and the best thing that you can do is to shop around and see which store has the best price for the item you are wanting to purchase.
    However, if you are buying the item used, either from a private seller, or on a website such as Ebay, then you can often negotiate the price with the seller.
    Some of the items listed on Ebay are specifically marked for people to make an offer, although sometimes, I have made an offer, and the person refused and said it was worth the whole asking price. When this happens , I always wonder why they marked the item as “best offer”, if they really were not going to take anything less than the asking price.

15. luri

luriActive Member

Threads:
    I like to bargain when I am buying things. That's why I don't visit fixed price shops and stores. Sadly, bargaining does not work when I am buying electronic items. usually, enectronic items have fixed price and I have to pay the price. having said that I go to the store where I have already bought items in the past. As a regular customer, I am entitled to 5-10 percent discounts.

16. iamawriter

iamawriterActive Member

Threads:
    I also see this 'best offer' on amazon in and have yet to understand its meaning. I just buy whatever that item is at the rate the site has mentioned. I do not make offers.
    I was only referring to branded new items while choosing gadgets that are normally available at fixed prices.

17. mildredtabitha

mildredtabithaActive Member

Threads:
    Not only on electronic gadgets, I am the type who forgets that bargaining can be done. I like buying things with a fixed price or try items on offer. If incase I try to bargain, I never focus on asking for the price to be lowered, I always ask if I can get an extra item for free if I decide to buy a number of them.

18. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think that what you might be seeing on Amazon is the information that thissame item is available from other sellers, and with different prices. The link will say something like “more starting from $xxx, and when you click on it, it shows you the discounted items and their prices.
    Amazon also has returns that they refurbish and sell at a great discount. We have gotten some great deals with buying the refurbished/returned items that are being sold through the Amazon Warehouse. We bought a coffee maker that sold for around $60, and the refurbished one was about $25, and worked perfectly.

19. Jamille

JamilleActive Member

Threads:
    I generally ask for discounts even from mall-based stores. I was encouraged because I learned that some brand sales agents are willing to part with a portion of their commission to make a sale. Some are also willing to throw in freebies that aren't originally part of the sales package. When shopping, I would ask what the freebies are and if they don't include something which I have in mind, I would ask about it. Most of the times, the sales agent will say that he/she can bring that in, too. I love it when I get extras like that!

20. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    Bargaining in the mall is actually prohibited, it is only allowed in small stores or if you're buying from a person who's selling his 2nd hand stuff. Even in Ebay, the prices are already fixed.