Do You Believe In The Feedback Of Other Customers In Online Shopping Sites?

Discussion in Online Shopping started by luckycharm • Jun 14, 2017.

1. luckycharm

luckycharmActive Member

Threads:
    Nowadays if you plan to buy any item online you can go through feedback of other customers. So it will help you decide whether to go for it or not. But I wonder how genuine it could be. For instance the seller can also give feedback in another name after creating an account in the site. So quite obviously he can promote how own product in this way and also demote other products in competition.

However, I always go through other customers’ feedback before paying for a product and most of the time the comments were not so misleading. I purchased a number of electronic goods online and the feedback I got was quite good. The products also serve the purpose.

Have you ever got any bitter experience in this regard?

2. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    That's what what I rely on most times to draw a conclusion on an item or stuffs which are still kind of strange to me. Customers will sure give a candid and true review about an item they have used. I follow the views of the majority about such item before deciding on making a purchase. I really don't think there are any other better source where correct info about an item can be annexed other than those who have used it.

3. Zero

ZeroActive Member

Threads:
    Well it doesn't surprise at all to know that companies nowadays buy reviews in order to promote their products, but it's easy to get notice off since most of the reviews are nearly the same.

4. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I too read reviews and gauge my purchases on it. I believe it's true for some people really dislike it vividly and explain why with reviews, so I like it. I like to reach the seller themselves too when I have a question or two especially about clothes and shoes. I love wide shoes because they are comfortable to wear from the beginning, so I ask. I get honest replies for they'd like to keep their customers happy I believe.

5. harijobs

harijobsActive Member

Threads:
    Till date, I haven't got a single problem buying things online which had a good reputation and lots of positive comments from the buyers. So, I don't think the sellers would do such kind of things to promote their product. Anyways while surfing for a product I always read the most recent comments from the buyers which ha helped me to buy good products.

6. Jamille

JamilleActive Member

Threads:
    I always take time to read customers' feedback whenever I shop online. In fact, I would often make a shortlist based largely on the number of posted reviews. I've never bought a product that has no review whatsoever. I'm quite thankful for this feature because they give me a preview of what to expect and warns me of problems that I may not have expected had I chosen to rely on my own judgment.

7. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    The fact is every time I go for reviews of others who have used the item I am interested in I hardly end up disappointed in the product. Not just in tangible items some are services or even working online with sites, I find that the views and reviews from others especially those who have experienced the business or item are always a good guide for the potential new comers.

8. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    I am becoming more and more reliant on the reviews and opinions of others the more that I move to the online shopping. It is hard though and you really have to find certain users that you can trust.

9. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    I do rely on reviews to make a final decisions on my purchases especially for electronics. Most of the reviews I read seem reasonable and on point according to my own experience with my purchases. Yes the seller can write up their own reveiws several times but I haven't seen that too much. Most peoples reviews have something bad to say about all products but some won't agree.

10. luri

luriActive Member

Threads:
    I believe in the feedback of other customers when shopping online. Before I buy, I check the seller profile, I note how many products he has sold, how many people have left positive feedback, how many feedback are there etc. I shop only when I see good feedback score. My experience also tells me that if I buy things from a person with good feedback score, there will be nothing to complain.

11. DavidLee

DavidLeeMember

Threads:
    Yes I do. Why would a customer lie about an experience he/she found out about a product? But there are few cases whereby some views/feedback are not faithful -and that is brought about by some owners of these online shopping sites who tend to ask favors from relatives or friends to give a like/a positive comment on their site and in return he'd give out a favor. It's practicable.

12. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have seen some feedback that looked like it might have been written by the seller or at least paid for by the seller to have someone write it. Everything is wonderful about the product and everyone should buy it, that kind of stuff.
    Most real feedback lists some good points and some bad points, as well as their experience with using the product and then how well it worked. When it sounds like a real testimonial, you can pretty much tell if they are making it up or it is real.
    I try to read a selection of the high ratings and the low ratings, so I get a good idea of what problems the item might have if I get a bad one somehow.
    But yes, mainly I do rely on the customer feedback before I purchase an item.

13. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    I used to believe (although I wasn't completely "bewitched" by the idea of buying something based on that), but only until the moment when I was warned that in fact many of them (costomers / users) are paid by some companies to post false opinions.

14. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    I am aware that some reviewers might be paid to make comments on particular products. However, I still pay attention to what reviewers may have to say before I may decide to purchase a product. I am also aware that some people may make negative comments out sheer spite or malice. ThereforeI usually checks a number of reviews from varied locations to seek to ascertain if I could come to a balanced conclusion about the integrity of the item.

15. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I read several reviews and if they don't say much or are old ones, then I don't really count them. I read lots of beauty product reviews and many are useless because people talk about whether they like the colors rather than things like the quality of the product.

I do leave reviews for places such as restaurants as unlike goods you can't send it back if you don't like it. Sometimes when there are too many five star reviews it can look suspect, as I don't give five stars that often, but some people are easily pleased.

16. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    I do take the reaction or comment of the customer from a certain product for reference and information. But I don't consider it as my basis of purchasing that said item. Why? There are reactions that come from a paid customer. Generally any bad or comment disadvantageous to the product's company is, of course, filtered or disabled by the company for it is as I have mentioned unfavorable for them.

17. RogMeet

RogMeetNew Member

Threads:
    I do not solely believe on the product reviews given by other customers especially when it comes to purchase of clothing and apparels, shoes, books and fashion products. This is mainly because the lifetime of these products is more based on the way you use it and the way differs from one person to another.

I recently bought a pair of Nike running shoes in spite of the bad reviews I read on them regarding how they get teared quickly and have loose sewing, however they turned out to be a great purchase for me and now its been six months since I am using them everyday.

18. kingcool52

kingcool52Active Member

Threads:
    It is hard to trust reviews these days because some have either been bought by the company or some have just been left by angry customers who do not leave a truthful review. Plus, something that one person enjoys may not be to the taste of someone else. So it's important that you look at the product itself properly, read a few different reviews and then make your own decision. Nowadays I think people have to write in their review whether they were paid for it or given the product for free so that should be a clear indication that you should try and avoid those reviews. Most likely they were written with a bit of bias.

19. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Be warned that not all you find in the internet is fact and that also applies to reviews of products and services. We have a friend who owns a resort and they created a Facebook page for advertising such. When I checked the page, I found so many good reviews but I happen to know most of those who posted nice reviews – they are connected to the resort owner. With online shopping, that may also be the case so the best thing is to check on the products very well and disregard the reviews.

20. iamawriter

iamawriterActive Member

Threads:
    One man's food is another man's poison. I go by reviews that suit me. All the criticism that I get to read may not affect me. For example, delay in receiving items never happens to me and so I ignore that complaint I shop with Amazon in and they are great when it comes to service.