Do You Buy Antivirus App For Android?

Discussion in Mobile Apps & Games started by Jasmin Cottontail • Oct 13, 2016.

1. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    There are a lot of antivirus that I can see at the Playstore and haven't actually think that I need one. I only use Clean Master to clean junks from my phone and I believe it's working fine as it removes all junks and spammy stuffs on my phone thoroughly. I've also tried installing antivirus on my phone just to see how it works but of course, you won't actually feel the protection from viruses unless it's paid. I honestly don't know whether it is worth it to pay for antivirus especially on your smartphone.

How about you? Do you consider paying for antivirus for your smartphone? Is it worth it?

2. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I use only free antivirus programs on my phone. I try not to download any sketchy apps or programs in the first place. This can save me alot of problems. I do periodically run the free scan on the device. I haven't had any issues with my current phone but the one I had before this always acted like it would crash.

3. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't really found it necessary to have an anti virus installed in my phone. I try to prevent downloading anything I suspect will have virus' or will be spam. My phone works fine without it the only thing I do is erase unecessary items and caches.

4. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    I have avast, lookout security and clean master on my phone. They seem to be doing fine so far and it's the free versions.

I have never paid for Android antivirus software.

5. Vinicius Souza

Vinicius SouzaMember

Threads:
    You will get a virus If you install apps unknow. I have not used any antivirus in my Android device.. I have apps as Facebook, Instagram, Duolingo, English Dictionary and several others. Sincerely, I have not saw any necessity to have an Antivirus app. a good advice is always check user posts in PlayStore.. If someone mistrusts with a good post.. I recommend so.. you must not install this app

6. Lazar

LazarMember

Threads:
    Honestly, I never heard that any phone, not only android, I'm talking about iOS, Windows phones too, caught a virus. So unless you really don't have luck or you download lots of stuff outside a store, you don't need antivirus, especially not a paid one. Save your money, don't do that.

7. serbog

serbogMember

Threads:
    I never buy an anitvirus program, it's not worth it. The free ones are as good, but honestly you can do just fine without one. If you have an Android which is Linux - and Linux has one of the best security there is for an OS - you can do fine without one. As for iOS I think Apple has really good security programs as well, so saving your money for something you like would be much better.

8. Vinaya

VinayaActive Member

Threads:
    When there are many free antivirus app available in Apple Store and Google Play, why should we pay for antivirus. generally speaking iOS devices do not need an antivirus, and free antivirus work as good as paid version for Android devices. I have always used free antivirus and I never have had any problem.

9. ptahm22

ptahm22Active Member

Threads:
    Android phones don't need an AntiVirus, and if they do they are not worth finding since most of them don't work. You install an AntiVirus and your phone ends up worse than before.

10. Working Buck

Working BuckActive Member

Threads:
    For my PC I do have an anti-virus but for my phone I just use clean master to clean the junk. I haven't encountered viruses on my phone yet.

11. overcast

overcastActive Member

Threads:
    I have decided not to use the Anti virus. The reason being the Android has some good protection. And it can pretty much safeguard against the common virus. You can buy antivirus but it is going to slow down your Android. The reason being the services run in the background. And the speed is reduced in due time. So that's something you may have to watch out for. I think that's the reason I am skipping on the Antivirus.

12. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    I have heard things about the antivirus on the phone and I still cannot really get over that affecting me all that much, but then again once I see it I am sure I will be running for the hills to get one. I guess I should read up on it some more.

13. Zero

ZeroActive Member

Threads:
    NO, nor do i intend to do so anytime in the future, you can be as safe as you want if you surf the web safely and only access reputable sites.

14. mildredtabitha

mildredtabithaActive Member

Threads:
    I have been using AVG for my android phone and it has always worked fine. I have never been asked to pay for it. I only upgrade for latest updates. It has always cleaned my phone very well and it has also alerted me about files and new apps infected by a virus. I am always given an option to remove the affected file or app. :D