Do You Compromise With Service For Saving Money?!

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by naruto100 • Aug 26, 2017.

1. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    Okay, I personally believe that going for brands is not only the way to get the quality thing. Specially in electronics department , for example buying smart phone.

I believe in saving money so that's why I personally not fond of brand and always go for less known brand with quality stuff and save money. But surely I don't compromise with service given by that company just to save money. If company is not good enough to provide good service later on then its actually reverse in terms of saving money. I mean we will end up in paying more money later on.

What you say?

2. Barida

BaridaActive Member

Threads:
    @naruto100@naruto100 This is true because not all those popular brands offer the high satisfaction to customers through their services or products. If one can be sensitive enough to discover a product that can serve the same purpose a more expensive one can do, then I do not think it is something to worry about since you will be saving some percentage of your budget by buying the cheaper products with almost the same quality.

I do on t rely on brands while doing my purchases, I ask for new products that are in the market that I can afford as well!

#2Aug 26, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2017
  3. PAYAKNAPAGIISIP

PAYAKNAPAGIISIPActive Member

Threads:
    If I want something, I'd work hard for it and will not compromise any of my regular routines. Saving is a good Idea but I prefer doing extra work like online jobs, overtime, and side jobs because for me it is the best thing to do. As the saying goes " Work Hard, Play Hard"...

4. morgoodie

morgoodieActive Member

Threads:
    On certain purchases, I won't compromise quality or service. Why would someone buy something from a company that isn't going to provide good customer service. I don't think that would save you money in the long run. When I buy electronics, I usually go for the brands that I am familiar with and have had good experiences with versus buying a cheaper brand I am not familiar with. Sometimes a higher price does mean higher quality and customer service.

5. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    Depending on the type of service, yes.

This is a great way to save good money. For example, I'm a Netflix subscriber and this makes me save a lot on the rentals of the movies that I want to watch.

6. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    @morgoodie@morgoodie That's what exactly I mean. For long run it will be not saving of money , actually it will be waste of money as if product will get any damage and service is not good then user can face many problem regarding the same. So yes better service is required and important.

Personally I go for cheap products but I also take care of their better service later on. If service reviews are bad then I will just skip the product.

#6Aug 27, 2017
  7. Kiama

KiamaMember

Threads:
    Personally I go for the brand.We all have that one brand that we can't do without. I for example love Samsung. Every electronic device I have is Samsung starting from my TV, refrigerator and phone. This is because Samsung has never let me down ever since I started using it. And as they say, cheap is expensive. you might go for the cheaper brand to save money and end up paying more in repairs and maintenance.

8. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    @Kiama@Kiama Honestly saying I always avoid Samsung in smart phone category. Because of brand their phone costs too much compare to other brands. And also these days new brands are offering really good handset with lots of quality specification. Also their service later on is good enough to handle all the problem. So for me I go for less popular brand with good quality and good service. And it works for me fine.

Though Samsung is working good for me in other categories. I am using Samsung laptop since many years and it is working really fine.

#8Sep 5, 2017
  9. overcast

overcastActive Member

Threads:
    I used to compromise on brands and the services. I have found out that when you are on low money. It's not bad to buy low brands and services. It works out just fine. And besides some of the time the brands and the services surely pays out. So on that point I do compromise on price and some of the time I don't mind doing that for price either.

10. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    Well, even I don't mind compromising with brands. In fact new brands are doing pretty good with quality stuff. So no problem in that. But after service is quite important. I mean if we purchase any thing and then in short time if it face any problem then getting good service is really important. But these days even small brands are giving good after service. So one need to be careful on that.

Personally I too don't like to spend more money behind just branding.

11. kaka135

kaka135Active Member

Threads:
    Well, I don't. When I read this title, the first that came to my mind is prenatal checkup and child birth. Ever since I have become a stay-at-home mom, we are living frugally and we try to spend only when necessarily. But when it came to pregnancy checkup and child birth, I still went to private hospital though it is much more expensive. Same goes to child's vaccination too. The pregnancy checkup and labor cost at government hospital can be free or very minimal, but the service at most hospital is really unsatisfactory. There may still be some nice service, but you don't know when or whether you will get any. So, for my own and children's comfort, I still prefer to spend the money but go to the private hospital. I have been questioned this a lot, but I just want to feel comfortable and peaceful during my pregnancy and labor period. :D

12. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    @kaka135@kaka135 That's surely not a problem. As a father, even I am doing the same. I go for my baby's vaccination in private hospital too. I know that charges may be very low or free at Government hospital, but I have doubts on service. So even if it is costly for me, I can't avoid it at all. I want to make my kid comfortable for sure. Even I will not try to compromise here for sure.

#12Sep 11, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2017
  13. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    If it is something big and important I almost always suck it up and cannot really justify the cheaper route, so things like cars and houses not really. Lesser items though, I would say I probably do this all of the time.

14. juan dela cruz

juan dela cruzMember

Threads:
    When I am thinking about laptop I think I would go to the one with the best review found on the internet. Sometime popular brands are just rich in advertisements and sometimes the quality is not that superb too. I bought a popular brand of a laptop worth 1200$ and problems starts to arise after a year I bought it. The good thing about popular brands is that they have a good service centers all over the place.

15. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    It depends on the items when it comes to cell phones I dont go for the branded ones but for the ones that are lower price but good in quality I found that I save a great amount of money that way and the phones are actually quite good and resistant just need to know how to chose this also includes apparel, food, and other household items. The only thing I do get brand names off is laptops for some reason I usually go for Toshiba or HP.

16. Heatman

HeatmanActive Member

Threads:
    @naruto100@naruto100 Recently, brand doesn't mean that you get the best service from a particular product you are looking to buy. Before I venture into buy electronics specifically phones, I make sure not to take the brand as the deciding factor in making me procure one because most times these brands are only in names and not in quality of services they offer.

I definitely make sure to look up patronizers feedback on the social media about such products in order to determine if it's worth buying, so that I don't just go and throw away my hard earned money.

17. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I always go for trusted brands when it comes to electronic items. However, when the cheap brand is so cheap, I couldn't resist trying it for size. When my desktop's keyboard was broken, I chanced upon this very cheap wireless keyboard with a tag price of $5. So cheap, really, that I was willing to gamble with my $5. It's more than 2 years already and that cheap keyboard that is made in China is still working all right. The brand is CD-rking.

18. mildredtabitha

mildredtabithaActive Member

Threads:

I also noticed that well known brands are quite expensive. I would also go for a less known brand because they tend to be cheaper and they still offer better quality. I don't think this is compromising but I can call it being wise. Some known brands are overrated that people will still overlook the times when the service goes down in quality.

19. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    @mildredtabitha@mildredtabitha Surely it is not compromising and it is wise decision. I mean we can get really good product in particular price with less known brand. But if need to spend same price tag with famous brand then we will end up getting product with really less features and specs compare to product which we can buy with less known brand. So surely it is not compromising.

I am just saying that I will not compromise with service. I am not saying less known brands don't provide bad service, in fact some are providing really good. So we only need to take care of that thing too.

@Alexandoy@Alexandoy These days new brands are doing really good in quality and also they sell electronic item in cheap price. For example smart phone. Some new companies are selling really good product with great specifications in really good pirce tag compare to well known brand. By seeing that thing, I always feel that those big brands are just taking more cost in name of brand. I can't say the same thing for all categories.

#19Nov 12, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2017