Do You Go To A Salon/barber? How Often And How Much Do You Usually Spend?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by abonnen • Jan 15, 2017.

1. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    @Ray1@Ray1 :(I know just how you feel for $10.21 this is with tax is the cheapest hair cut price you pay on Oahu that I know of. I found a hair salon that gives Senior Citizen for 65 + discount for hair cuts that's $12! The school I go to for hair cuts, is in town so I got to ride the bus to get to my hair cut. But there is nothing like a hair cut to look professional and well groomed, so I'll pay the $10.21 until the price goes up.:confused:

#21Apr 20, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
  2. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, I go regularly to cut my hair and do / trim my beard.

When I just cut my hair, I paid $15.00 dollars. When I cut my hair and shave it together, I paid $20.00 dollars. In my opinion, the cost x benefit ratio is excellent (because the place and services are great).

3. thisnthat

thisnthatActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't been able to get a good haircut in ages. They never seem to cut it the way I want it. I've just been trimming it myself, but I really need to get a good haircut.

I was just looking up hair styles, so finding this thread was kind of funny. I'm hoping I can find a picture to show them exactly what I want, since I'd like to go soon. Sometimes, having a picture helps, but not always.

I'm seriously considering ordering a CreaClip and just doing it myself from now on. If my next visit to the salon doesn't work out that's probably what I'm going to do.

4. abonnen

abonnenActive Member

Threads:
    @thisnthat@thisnthat One time i took a picture of me to a salon with the hair cut I wanted. The lady tired to tell me she didn't think it would go with my face like in the picture....I am like...this is me in the photo! I still laugh at that one.

#24Apr 23, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2017
  5. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Actually I needed a haircut badly so I decided to use my clippers on Saturday (which I now feel was a mistake). I clipped my left ear's hair first and that was fine but when I clipped my right ear's hair then the things started to get worse because I ended up in a messed up situation. Finally I used comb number 1 and cut all the hair. I saved more than $10 because I won't be going to any hair dresser for next couple of months (I have almost no hair left on my head) :(

6. thisnthat

thisnthatActive Member

Threads:
    @abonnen@abonnen Ha! That's hilarious. I guess we know they weren't really paying attention. Did you let them cut your hair? How did it turn out?

I think that's part of the issue sometimes - not paying attention. They just want to rush people through, instead of spending the time to make you happy. Not all of them but some.

I have a gift card for a salon, so I guess I'm going to give them a chance. I don't think I'd even bother if I had to pay full price. I'm weary of trying to convince people who I'm paying to perform a service that they should actually do what I ask. Sigh.

Wish me luck. Hopefully, this time will be decent.

#26Apr 25, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2017
  7. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    I actually haven't had a haircut in a salon for many years already. The last time I went to a salon was last 2011. Right now I don't feel the need to go there when I can do it myself, even if the haircut costs only $2 or even a little over a dollar. When my mom was alive though, she would take me at times to those expensive salons to get a haircut. Apart from the amenities and the popularity of the establishment, there's not much of a difference between a cheap and expensive haircut.

8. littlewitch66

littlewitch66Active Member

Threads:
    I have been cutting my own hair for more than 30 years because I was fed up with the number of bad cuts I got for an extortionate price. My motto is if it sticks out cut it off! Seriously, I can cut it quite well now as I have learned how to deal with it, and although I've made a few mistakes most of the time it looks ok. Some people have even asked me where I have it cut.

9. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    @thisnthat@thisnthat you know my wife has a bobbed hair cut and I have almost attained a mastery on how to keep her hair look proper by cutting her extra hair once in a while although she goes to a salon every month or so. But This way I save at least $30 that she would spend in between if I do not do the necessary repair job.:)