Do You Go To Store's Grand Opening

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by Krissttina Isobe • Oct 24, 2017.

?

Have you gone to a store's grand opening

1. yes

4 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. no

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I never went to a store grand opening until this past Sunday when Target opened at Ala Moana Shopping Center. I thought to get one of their goodie bags for the first 1500 peolel. By the time I went it was all gone. Since I was there I wanted to check prices and see how Target would be. I like Target but it's hard to get to with the bus for me. Ala Moana's Target is easy to get to and is huge! I found many good prices to save money on Grand Opening Day for Target. Thoroughly enjoyed myself!.
    target-ala-moana-rendering.
    (Picture from KHON news.)

2. wallet

walletActive Member

Threads:
    Yes I do, we have here this kind of supermarkets or bigger stores and the opening day comes with cheaper offers, in fact, we can buy items that are cheaper with hundreds of dollars.
    The only disadvantage is that there are too many people and I must hurry to get something and just as you there are times when I come with my empty hand.

3. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    Yes I do as a matter of fact I went to a super market grand opening that just opened last week that is five minutes from my house. They had great offers so I took advantage of that day to fill up my fridge. The best thing about it is that I can walk from and to it just taking a few minutes and not spending any money on transportation. This is a huge money saver.

4. Jamille

JamilleActive Member

Threads:
    Grand openings here aren't that frequent and I often strive to go with the crowd when there's one. So far, I haven't been disappointed as the malls/stores usually enlist the support of their suppliers to make the event truly special for their first ever customers. This is when we can expect to see all sorts of promos one can think of like Buy 1 Get 1, 50% to 70% off, product bundling, etc. There are usually freebies all around and special deals from stores and fast food restaurant. I would say it's worth braving the crowds in most cases.

5. lucykey

lucykeyMember

Threads:
    Yes I do go for these store grand openings because this is the best time to shop when the prices are low. I like this time as I can get items that are usually expensive during the normal sales time at relatively cheaper prices. But at this time there is a high turn up of customers hence high demand and the products become less for everyone hence limiting our shopping.

6. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Going to grand openings of malls used to be my haunt. When the biggest mall in our country was inaugurated, we were there to check on the giveaways. Almost all stores that opened have giveaways so you can imagine the loot we got. But when the mall nearest to our house opened, it was chaotic with the overflowing crowd that I had to leave in frustration. Giveaways were gone in an instant and I got nothing. Worse, all restaurants were full with long long lines so what I got was hunger.

7. NinetyEighty1

NinetyEighty1Active Member

Threads:
    I hardly go to any store grand opening due to the fact that some stores do not interest me, whatever is available there I could simply buy it at a wal-mart or target. However, grand openings do have offers at a modest price and is usually the best time to stock up on any essential items.

8. littlewitch66

littlewitch66Active Member

Threads:
    Yes the last grand opening of a store was very close to where I live so although I don't usually go I decided I would as it was close enough to walk there and I knew the parking would be awful. I did get some good bargains there and it was definitely worth it.

In around a year's time we will be getting a new Lidls store in my town which will also be close to where I live so I will almost certainly be going to that. I will probably wait until the fuss has died down before I do a proper shop there though.

9. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    No, I haven't really been to a grand store opening yet, I never had the chance to go to one yet. My dad has been to one before, and there was a buy 1 take 1 promo for bread, so he took advantage of the promo.

10. dionnextherese

dionnexthereseActive Member

Threads:
    I always go to a store's grand opening because there's an advantage. This is the chance where there are discounted items and promos. However, it's really hard because whenever there is an opening in our city, the line is so long due to the number of people waiting for the opening. But I'm the type of person who waits a lot so this is not a big deal for me. I always ended up being happy from the stores that I bought in their grand openings.

11. Barida

BaridaActive Member

Threads:
    Having too many people is not a disadvantage to me as long as I'm able to get the things that I want on a cheaper price. It's all about focusing on what I come to pick and once I'm done doing that, I set out to leave for other duties of the day. It's always a good experience to do so since I will get amazing discounts from there.

12. Barida

BaridaActive Member

Threads:
    It's always a great experience to be available at the Grand Opening of a store for they tend to give out freebies as well as sell some of the first products at a mind blowing price. I've tried to listen to news in order to get information about opening of some of the stores around my community and always try not to miss that for anything in life.