Do You Haggle When You Shop?

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by sommax • Sep 4, 2017.

1. sommax

sommaxMember

Threads:
    I usually do that when am shopping. I always made sure I had a better deal, especially over the deals I think is over priced with the seller. It helps me to save the little that I had.

2. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think haggling is best saved for markets, although you can bargain for a price when an item is ex-display or slightly damaged. It's a kind of haggling and in stores it's called a mark down when department stores have what is called 'shrinkage' where they have a budget to allow for price reductions on slightly damaged goods like a chipped vase or a stain on a shirt.

3. PAYAKNAPAGIISIP

PAYAKNAPAGIISIPActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, of course. That is part of trading. If you do not do that, your not a good trader. Plus it is fun. It can be worth the time on doing that because you can get the item that you need at a lesser price.

4. NinetyEighty1

NinetyEighty1Active Member

Threads:
    Not really, I don't think a haggled a day in my life when it comes to shopping. I usually just go with the price that is shown, if it is too much I just move on.

5. TheOtherSide

TheOtherSideActive Member

Threads:
    I like to have a greater bargain but I don't like arguments especially in public places. Maybe I could try one or two times to ask for a lower price but I never go that far. When I know that it's good enough, I'll just buy it or otherwise look for another. You don't expect to get all, the seller has a family to feed to.

6. Keibah

KeibahActive Member

Threads:
    Haggling is a norm where I come from else you'd be cheated. Most times the traders give you a price that is above the original song if you don't haggle, you'd be at a loss.