Do you have kids?

Discussion in Toys, Kids & Baby Stuff started by Peninha • Apr 6, 2014.

1. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Kids make us spend a lot of money. I had one life when I had no kids and I now have other life with two kids, what those two spend on bread (lol) is beyond reason! :rolleyes: So, do you have kids and of course you notice this or don't you? Are you planning on having them?

2. klassiter

klassiterActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, I have two kids. I was a single mother for many years. For a long time it was just me and my son. My son is now 13 years old. A little over a year ago I got married. My husband and I had a little girl on May 13, 2013. She will soon be a year old. I never thought at 42 I would have another baby, and I never thought my children would be 13 yeas apart. I feel it is so much harder having a baby now at 42 than it was having my son at 28. However; I am loving every bit of it.

3. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Why are you feeling it's harder to have a kid at 42 rather than at 28? You feel that you have less energy now? That is quite true I suppose. What about the expenses, are you noticing an increase in the last year or it's all pretty much the same?

4. That'sDevo

That'sDevoActive Member

Threads:
    No, I don't have kids. I came terrifyingly close once but she ended up not being pregnant and I'm very thankful for that. I think kids can be sweet but I don't think I ever want them.

5. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't have any kids and don't plan to have any either. It's enough for me to be the aunt of a couple of nephews and a truck load of cousins. :)
    I love being involved with them and take them out to go swimming and having fun at the nearby lake. Afterwards we always go and have ice cream or something more substantial at my house. I really don't mind spending money on my little relatives, I don't even give it a second thought. I just adore them. :)

6. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    LOL, terrifyingly close? What's so scary about having kids? :D

When I had no kids I used to spoil my nephews too, but after having kids it's a different scenario, you have your own kids and the patience to other kids decrease, as well as the available money for gifts.

7. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    No, I don't have kids and I don't see myself having any anytime in my life. It's not just because of the money or the company. But I think I wouldn't just be able to raise them well and I don't think I would have enough time for them. I barely have time for myself, so how would I be able to give more for others, even for myself even to say that they are my extensions. I simply think it's not going to work, so I wouldn't have them. They might just grow up miserable if I would have them. So I would rather not, for their own good. Besides I have cousins, and I would have nephews and nieces and grandsons and granddaughters. I can play them. The supply of kids in the family won't end, so I need not to worry that I must have my own.

8. whnuien

whnuienActive Member

Threads:
    I have one daughter and yes nowadays my husband and I do spend more money every month for all our needs but we enjoy every bit of the time. After getting married I tried to get pregnant but it didn't work for sometimes that we both were so sad because it was our big dream after being together for 8 years.

So when the chance came, you can imagine how happy we were. Even though we have hard times some days when she is too demanding but we love her so much just as much as we love each other.

9. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Sure, I love my kids as well and they will eat more and more lol. :) Sometimes I look at them and I am amazed of how much they grow, so not surprise that they eat so much! :D I think they are really lucky to have someone that loves them and puts them food on their plate, that's the minimum I can to though or else I should not have kids.

10. Annabell

AnnabellActive Member

Threads:
    I have over three hundred children.

I set up a home years ago, and run it to this today with the help of my husband, and some of our older children. As such, I'm legally the guardian for over three hundred boys and girls, and the actual adoptive mother of most of them too.

11. JaydonTyler

JaydonTylerActive Member

Threads:
    I'd like to be a dad in about 5 years. i'm not one to rush.. if I was I might be a dad right now.

I believe in setting yourself up in a comfortable financial position before having kids. I expect a lot out of myself and am not about to say I'm ready just yet.

12. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My kids are my dogs. Other than that, I'm not really interested in having kids...well maybe someday but it depends on who I'd have them with. I'm just not too keen on the idea because for one babies highly annoy me. They're always crying or smelly or making gross messes with their food.

13. forextraspecialstuff

forextraspecialstuffActive Member

Threads:
    Nope no kids now. I am on the fence about having them in the future. For the early part of my life I was adamant I didn't want children, but now I'm wondering if I will regret that down the line.

14. Ruth B.

Ruth B.Active Member

Threads:
    Yes, I have a grown daughter and a nine year old grand daughter. :) As much as I loved it when she was little, I am glad she is grown. I was busy getting a life started on my own when she just 'turned' grown. I just really need to be 'just me'. Living with someone or not, I require a LOT of alone time. Sometimes with some people, like me, it takes them awhile to realize it. lol.

About grandchildren, just remember, whatever your parents did, you may get pissed off that the grand kids can do what made your parents mad, and it doesn't make them mad when the grandkids do it, well, tough, just get over it, lol, that's part of being a grandparent. :)

15. Nickchick

Threads:
    Yeah kids are a lot of work. That's why I'd only want to have one with the right person. I realize that dogs are a lot of work too but not to the extent that kids are. For me, dogs are just enough responsibility to satisfy me.

16. nash22

nash22Active Member

Threads:
    I don't have any kids yet, I always said that I would never have children. But my mom told me I was being a little selfish because of it. My friends do have kids and I started to warm up to. But my life is too complicated and buy right now that I don't have the time. I will be married before I have kids though, so if i don't get married I don't think I will have kids.

17. Nickchick

Threads:
    Your mom sounds ridiculous. Wouldn't she rather you not have kids than have grand kids that are taken care of poorly? Having kids when you're not ready is more selfish in my eyes.

18. Mayvin

MayvinActive Member

Threads:
    No, I don't have kids but have nieces and nephews and know how much can be spent on things for them like clothes, shoes, dance lessons, food ect... it can get expensive. But that's the choice you make once you have kids. I do plan on having kids someday but I'll be looking for ways to save money as much as I can.

19. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    As long as my kids grow I see them eating more and more and it's something healthy and natural of course, I am glad I have food to give to them, but at the same time it's an expense. We start seeing the money being less and we think, what's happening? So it's being eaten and wore, that's what's happening. I guess it's life, we just need to work harder to provide for them.

20. klassiter

klassiterActive Member

Threads:
    I have two children. I have a son that is 14 years old and a daughter that is 14 months old. I love them very much, but kids are very expensive. For the baby there is always pampers, wipes, and clothes to constantly buy. In addition to pampers and wipes child care is so expensive. Now that my son is going to highschool his interests have changed. He now wants to wear designer clothes and sneakers. I am enjoying my children. I do not plan to have anymore.