Do you have tinted windows on your vehicle?

Discussion in Auto & Moto started by MrsJones • Dec 26, 2014.

1. MrsJones

MrsJonesActive Member

Threads:
    I like the look of tinted windows. I think they are the best thing since the window defroster was invented. Some people apply their own tints to save on the costs of having them done professionally. I wish that you could apply tints on the front windshield as opposed to the visors. Visors don't block out the sun's rays at every angle and you getting blinded suddenly may cause an accident.

2. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, my windows are tinted, along with the wind shield. It's nice since it blocks out the rays of the sun and keeps the vehicle quite cool on the inside. The problem though is it's very tough when I'm backing up my vehicle at night. It's very hard to see the side mirrors. I have to bring down the windows in order for me to see them. I guess there's always a downside to all things.

3. MrsJones

MrsJonesActive Member

Threads:
    There are some state ordinances to the grade of tint that you can put on your vehicles windows. Is the tint on your windshield lighter than the others?

4. etc

etcActive Member

Threads:
    Yes. My windows are tinted and I liked it that way. Some countries I believe prohibit tinted glass on their vehicles as far as I know though. having a tinted vehicle somehow gives me privacy since I sometimes just fetch my wife going to her office while I just wear a boxer shorts.

5. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yep, the tint in my windshield is lighter than the tint on my windows. I don't have a problem at night with my windshield. It's my windows that give me problems. I don't know the rules regarding tints in my place though. Maybe I'll have the tint of my windows replaced sometime next year.

6. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    That is hilarious about picking up your wife while wearing boxers! LOL. Don't you worry about your neighbors seeing you walking to the car in boxers in the first place? The worst I will walk out of my place in is jogging shorts and a tee. Maybe once in a blue moon I will take out the trash in my flannel pajama pants, but that's it.

This thread actually reminded me of a rather silly incident that happened to me when my coworker and I went to McDonalds for lunch in my Ford Escape that had tinted windows. They were dark enough that on a sunny day you couldn't really see into my car. Anyhow, we went through the drive through, then decided to park in a spot towards the back of the lot to eat our food in my car.

Within minutes of us parking, this other car pulls up besides us but nobody gets out. Moments later that car starts "bouncing" up and down, which caught our attention. I kid you not, some guy and his girlfriend were having sex in the front seat, right in broad daylight, lol. We weren't sure if they realized we were in the car or not - and assumed they may have pulled beside my larger vehicle for a little privacy (they were parked right between us and a brick wall at the back of the lot).

So then we weren't sure if we should wait until they were done and left before pulling out, so as not to embarrass them or what. They ended up taking too long, and we had to get back to work so we backed out quickly and took off, lol.

7. ExpertAdvice

ExpertAdviceActive Member

Threads:
    I love tint on vehicles. It protects your interior from the sun, It protects you from the sun, and more importantly, it gives you privacy. I have heard people say that they don't want tint on their car and I look at them in amazement. I've also heard people say that tinting a car takes away from the beauty of it and again, I blast away in amazement. As I said before, I love tint on cars, I like it enhances the beauty of it and protect both person and vehicle.

8. rares209

rares209Member

Threads:
    Sadly, my car hasn't tinted windows and I really hate this, but i wouldn't try some poor quality aftermarket tint foil or something like this, because those things just make your windows look completely black which is a bad taste thing in my opinion. Tinted windows on the other hand are something else. I love the look they give to the cars and this is why I will make sure my next car will have tinted windows.

9. JulianWilliams

JulianWilliamsMember

Threads:
    They're illegal here and they also make the driver look immature, I think. They also reduce your visibility, and should you get into an accident that wasn't out of your fault the other person could blame the accident on you not having enough visibility.

10. MrsJones

MrsJonesActive Member

Threads:
    This is a very good point out. Some window tints are very dark here in Ohio that you can see in the car at all but it's just the side windows.

Another point to would be insurance. I wonder if they would have to pay a higher premium because of the tint on windows. It's not a question that has ever been asked from any insurance company that I've been with.

11. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    Yes but not completely. Only some windows are tinted and also we don't tint our car windows too dark. I don't really have much of an idea why this is but I'm used to it by now so I just let it be. I don't think it's extremely important for us anyway as I don't really mind it that people outside can see us inside. I don't have much problem with the sun as well aside from the occasional long drive where the sun becomes unbearably strong but we don't drive long distances all that often anyway.

12. kjonesm1

kjonesm1Active Member

Threads:
    I do not currently have any tint at all on my windows which is intense out here in the summer. It gets really hot and even with the air conditioner on it gets stifling. Thank goodness my boyfriend knows how to apply tint, so it will get done before it gets too hot this year.

13. XLS

XLSMember

Threads:
    I personally think that in the summer months tinted windows come in handy. I would think the AC isn't working as hard to keep the car cool. Although my cars have never had them, just about everyone else that I know has car with tinted windows. haha, joys of single parenting my friends!