Do You Learn Music Online For Free?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by kaka135 • Jun 26, 2017.

1. kaka135

kaka135Active Member

Threads:
    I have found out Hoffman Academy lately where we can learn how to play piano online for free. Though there are also premium membership where we need to pay annually, or we can purchase the units separately, we can still enjoy the learning videos online for free. I like the way Mr. Hoffman teaches too, it's interesting and easy to follow.

If you are interested, you can check it out here:

Do you also have other sites to learn music for free?

2. DavidLee

DavidLeeMember

Threads:
    No, I haven't.
    The only thing I do online related to music is Watching/Downloading.
    Maybe for artists/musicians it's much practical & possible to learn music online. The only part in my lifetime I learnt music was in high-school. And I super enjoyed music-classes and studies. They were so engaging, lively, fun, non-stop noise! Loved it hehe

3. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    I didn't know it's possible to learn music online. This is a very useful piece of information to know that I can learn music making online. I am thrilled to know that at Hoffman Academy I can learn the act of piano playing and maybe others as it pertains to music. This will mean learning music at our own pace which is just perfect. It's great many real life activities can now be learn online.

4. RogMeet

RogMeetNew Member

Threads:
    Learning music online is not a bad option. I have learnt to play various songs after taking online tutorials which were available online for free. However, I suggest that learning an instrument online is not that easy. I went for private guitar lessens when I was a kid and today I can play any song as soon as I listen to it however the same is not the case with drums which I tried learning online,

Although there is a major difference in working of both the instruments, but when it comes to learning online, tutorials were hardly any helpful for me in this case.

5. kaka135

kaka135Active Member

Threads:
    @DavidLee@DavidLee Since you enjoyed music so much when you were in high school, perhaps it is a good time to pick it up again! :)

@tonyb@tonyb Yes, I am grateful for so many people sharing their work or even teaching online, some for free too. I have been learning knitting and crocheting from the online resources too. It does save lots of money when we can learn music online, for free. Besides saving the tuition fee, we save money to travel to the teacher's house or learning center too. I think we still save money even we pay for the premium course.

@RogMeet@RogMeet Maybe it depends on the online course you referred to, or maybe it depends on the instruments we are trying to learn as well. As I have learned piano before, so it's fine for my son to learn piano online and I can also guide him when needed. Perhaps it may not be easy if this is the first time we learn that instrument without any personal guidance.

6. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    @kaka135@kaka135 it's wonderful to see that people can make this valuable knowledge available online free or at low cost. Some years ago acquiring the knowledge and skills of music making would cost a lot. You give so much time and may not learn at your pace and in a comfortable setting as one learning in the comfort of his home.

7. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    I've never tried, and I particularly find it hard (I mean... hard) to learn music online. I think the only good part about it would be saving a good money from the face-to-face lessons. :D

8. DavidLee

DavidLeeMember

Threads:
    @kaka135@kaka135 Well, I think I'm good/ok with what I'm doing now for leisure.
    I play violin, and I'm currently learning the keyboard..Once a week, in town. Atleast that has to do with music. But I can't be looking for a music teacher/lessons to follow up at my 27's.. Naaaho_O:D:D

9. FergusMacLeod

FergusMacLeodMember

Threads:
    I do actually, since I play guitar. I am always searching for some YouTube tutorials, or download a tab from ultimate-guitar.com. It's a great site, and has almost everything you need, depends on what you are searching for. But really, the internet is a great source of tutorials and it is nice to have it, it helps a lot.

10. kaka135

kaka135Active Member

Threads:
    @Shine_Spirit@Shine_Spirit Yes, you are right, if we can find someone to teach us personally, it would be great. But, I am always grateful for having the opportunities to learn online, while I am at home, at my own pace too.

@DavidLee@DavidLee That's really good. I always think playing violin is not easy at all!! A friend of mine just started to learn piano at her 20's, and now she has become a piano teacher. :)

11. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    @kaka135@kaka135 Don't get me wrong... Learning online can be a very effective way ;), I don't discard this possibility... But I just find it really very difficult (at least related to music).

12. dane

daneMember

Threads:
    You've got to love the internet! Now there is no longer an excuse for not learning anything because almost anything you could ever want to learn you can get the basics for free online. It's just amazing the sheer amount of information that is available to us these days. I would definitely want to check that site out. I've always wanted to learn how to play an instrument but I've never had the time for lessons.

13. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    Not all the time, but in the past I have learned one song to play on piano. By seeing youtube videos we can easily learn it. I know learning only one song is not kind of learning the piano. But yes we can learn the basics with online video for sure. Good way to learn something new in every field.

14. Ani_m

Ani_mMember

Threads:
    Thank you for that suggestion, I will check it out. I've tried learning piano online before, there was a young man on YouTube that had full lessons for piano. I followed a few, learned the basics even, but then I didn't have much time to fully learn. Glad to know there's an actual place you can get complete lessons.

15. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    I have never ventured online to learn music for free. The furthest I
    have good in that direction is to sign up for online work with such
    sites as Music Xray with zero success as there were no available jobs.
    I would opt for my own organically composed music genre which would
    inspire creativity besides costing little if any.

16. Taraa

TaraaActive Member

Threads:
    No, I don't but it seems like interesting to me.

17. harijobs

harijobsActive Member

Threads:
    This is really a wonderful news and I am planning to learn Violin but I have nit got time to take up from my offline work. Is there anything like this for Violin? I love the sound of Violin and it is one of the most beautiful sounds I have listened to.

18. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I haven't tried this. Although, I have toyed with learning music in the past, I am not musically talented so I don't really think I would do this. Maybe sometime I will look into this again, but as for right now, I am not really interested.

19. kaka135

kaka135Active Member

Threads:
    @harijobs@harijobs I have not found any online lessons for violin yet, because I have no interest in learning violin at the moment. I like the sound of violin too! One of my piano teachers when I was young taught piano and violin. I was considering if I want to take the violin class as well, but at the end I decided not to.

I will update here if I have found any free online lessons for violin.

#19Jul 1, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 3, 2017
  20. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't yet but I'm planning to. I will look for piano lessons online and hope I can look for one that is easy and effective. I used to play the piano when I was little but seemed to forget it over the years since I stopped. I currently watch piano tutorials on YouTube and most of them are helpful :)