Do you like to receive or give gifts?

Discussion in Gifts & Flowers started by andrew320 • Jun 6, 2012.

1. GemmaRowlands

GemmaRowlandsActive Member

Threads:
    I enjoy getting gifts from those who I love, but I do know what you mean about sometimes feeling a little bit awkward. Especially when it's on an occasion like a birthday, when all eyes are on you and you alone. At least at Christmas, everyone will be opening things. I do really like buying things for other people, though, as I like the thought of being able to let them know just how much you appreciate everything that they do for you over the course of the year. So I guess I like a bit of both, in general.

2. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like being the gift giver too. I don't need anything, which makes it even harder for others to get me gifts.. they definitely couldn't figure it out better than I could and I never have a clue lol. I actually don't like the gift giving part of the holidays. it takes away from what it's about in my opinion. It causes expectations, disappointment that you aren't doing enough or even not getting what you want.. you feel obligated to do it regardless of your financial situation. I love spoiling my children, but at the same time, I wish I had gone about setting up their holidays a little differently when they were born. They never really want much anyway, but I still think maybe we should start giving to those in need instead (we do our best) rather than for each other.

3. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    I used to love to receive gifts but the craze has just faded. Now it does not really matter. I still give iyt gifts and I actually enjoy doing this.

If I receive a gift I am just grateful instead of excited as I used to be.

4. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    I like both giving and receiving although giving feels much better. I like to see people happy and having a big smile on their face when they receive a gift. I especially like giving gifts to kids as they jump for joy at times.

5. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    I think that more and more that I age, the more that giving gifts really appeals to me. I would imagine that this is pretty normal for people too, but maybe not and maybe I am just weird again. I would not be surprised either way.

6. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    I like to give gift more than to receive. When I give gift it makes me happier and gives a sense of fulfillment. People like a giver more than a receiver from what I can figure out and naturally everyone would like to be loved by others. If by being a giver I could win people that makes me want to be more of a giver than a receiver.

7. TheKnight

TheKnightActive Member

Threads:
    I'm going to be realistic. I prefer receiving gifts than giving them but I seriously don't have the money to. The only gifts I like giving are to my close family and only gifts I know they'll love. I hate handing out gifts when I don't know what people like because it's stressful. I appreciate any gift I receive but some people. unfortunately don't.

8. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    I do share the same feeling with you. Now I am a senior citizen. I would rather prefer to give gifts to anyone who is in need rather than I will be the one receiving it. Though I receive gifts from my children, granddaughters. I have no choice but to accept them for they would, for sure, be insulted when I am not going to receive their gifts. Nevertheless, I would feel more happy and contented when I would be giving gifts. The happiness that I could feel in doing so is beyond description. I know that it is more blessed to give than to receive.

9. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    I won't lie, I prefer to receive gifts because it's fun and I like to collect things. I do give gifts on occasion, and it's also a fulfilling experience when you make someone happy. But I still like to receive more than give, lol. Who doesn't want free stuff, right?

10. anupamas2

anupamas2Active Member

Threads:
    I like both giving and receiving gifts. I love shopping and hence enjoy shopping for gifts. However it is really difficult for me to tell the other person when they ask what I want. I don’t think that I need anything, I have everything that I need. This is one thing that I don’t like. I like to get surprise gifts.

11. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    I love giving gifts. There is a great level of satisfaction to be had when I may have given someone something and they are really appreciative.I love to get gifts too but if there is none for me even at a particular time when most people would probably expect one, my spirit would not be dampened.

12. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    Honestly, I like both giving and receiving.

The two attitudes give me great pleasure. Giving a gift means that I usually care about someone,and receiving a gift means that someone cares about me (or at least remembers me).

May be the simplest and cheapest gift in the world. It matters a lot. :)