Do you like to shop alone or with friends?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by Miaka_M • Jun 9, 2014.

1. May102014

May102014Active Member

Threads:
    HAAAAA! In my case I like to shop alone. My friends are beggars and always broke. I would like the scenario of having a friend there to offer advice on certain pieces but my reality is much different. I can never shop in peace without them wanting something for themselves. It annoy me to the point of where I do my fashion shopping by myself.

2. pfaemaster

pfaemasterMember

Threads:
    I like shopping alone, but trying on stuff with friends there. If that makes sense! I don't like when people try to show me a million things while I'm shopping, and I hate feeling rushed. But I like when I have someone in the dressing room with me telling me if what I have looks good on me or not.

3. stacyje

stacyjeActive Member

Threads:
    I like to shop with friends it very fun but when you have that one friend that be ready to go after they ahve found what they came for it kinda annoys you. I have one friend dont get me wrong I love her to death but when it comes to taking her shopping with me I rather leave her at home. She ready to go soon as she get what she wants so sometimes I like to shop alone depending on what im looking for and sometimes with friends.

4. Sam Tarly

Sam TarlyMember

Threads:
    I like shopping with friends when I'm just browsing and not looking for anything in particular. But when I need to buy something specific, I have to go by myself. I think shopping alone really eliminates distractions and lets you focus on what you need, plus when you go with friends they feel the need to weigh in on everything you buy and sometimes your taste might not be the same as theirs and this might lead to a bit of a conflict.

5. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    I like shopping by myself or with my husband, but I generally find other people to be distracting/just slow me down, lol. My husband and I can go right for what we want and then not spend a ton of extra time debating over things...I feel like it's not so much the case with most other people.

6. daisysmell211

daisysmell211New Member

Threads:
    I don't like shopping with friends and family if I'm planning to buy something. I like to take my time and can try to enjoy my favorite things without waiting for a friend try stuff on, and can save time.

7. mariee

marieeActive Member

Threads:
    I like to shop alone (or with my partner) because I don't have plus size friends so those few times I went shopping with my friend we ended up spending so much time, since we don't shop the same stores or sections. Also it's not fun looking at all the clothes that don't fit you. I like taking my partner shopping, he knows my body so well that things he picks for me always fit, and he has a good eye and gives me real advice. When something looks bad he's not afraid to tell me.

8. KimmyMarkks

KimmyMarkksActive Member

Threads:
    If I have a list of stuff I need to get I prefer to shop alone. This way I am in and out of the stores. I especially like shopping alone during the holidays because I hate waiting in crowded malls for other people to finish getting what they need.
    However, during the non holiday months I like going with friends. Especially when I am just browsing and not looking to buy a handful of gifts.

9. jessicazi

jessicaziNew Member

Threads:
    If I shop for vegetables of drinks in the supermarket, i like to shop alone.
    But if i shop for clothes or shoes, i like to shop with my sister.

10. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    At my age, most of my friends are busy with their own affairs so the only companions I have for shopping is my sister and my nieces. It's nice to shop with companions because I get their opinion on the items I intend to buy. Particularly with clothes, they can honestly tell me if it fits me, the color and design. Shopping alone is lonely although it's quick.

11. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like to shop alone so that there would be no distractions, but I don't mind shopping with friends too if I'm in the mood to roam around the mall.and I intend to go window shopping.

12. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am a loner when I am shopping. I like to look at stuff my girlfriend is not interested in. I know what I am looking for when I go out so I do not do a lot of looking around just to see what is out there.

13. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    :oops:I like to go shopping by myself mostly. Unless it's a special occasion and we meet and do a little shopping we all go our separate ways and meet at a designated area, so it's more fun that way and we end up eating somewhere and go home. Most of the time I'm shopping alone for I like to read labels and this takes time. :D

14. Lemonjelly

LemonjellyNew Member

Threads:
    I like to shop alone because I don't want my friends to start let's go let's go or making me to walk fast

15. thenextGeek

thenextGeekActive Member

Threads:
    It depends for me. When I'm buying clothes I tend to shop alone because I don't want to hear the opinions of my friends when I buy the kinds of clothes that I prefer. However, when it comes to car parts, or bikes, or shoes, or anything that is a part of my hobbies, I prefer to buy with my friends because we are able to give our opinions regarding the best equipment, shoes, or whatnot, that we can avail with our money. It's also a lot of fun to shop with my friends especially when we're looking for shoes. I guess spending time with fellow sneaker heads is the best feeling in the world.

16. clauemi

clauemiActive Member

Threads:
    I prefer to shop alone. I can take as long without getting on anyone's nerves. I'm a reseller and even when I'm shopping for myself or family, I'm still looking for other things I can turn into profit. That can get on peoples nerves sometimes. Sometimes I take my mom along or my kids but for the most part it's just me.

17. Jasmine2015

Jasmine2015Active Member

Threads:
    I sometimes like to shop alone. I don't need any extra distractions. Kids can be hard to shop with because they want everything they see and might cry about it. I would go shopping with my friends though. It's more a out socializing than buying. We like to do window shopping and picking up small things as gifts. The last time I went shopping with friends I gave my mom chocolate dipped strawberries as a gift. I only got like 2 or 3 since they can be pricy.

18. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, a kindred spirit. I'm not really a loner, but I don't like to shop with people because I like to take my time trying out different items. Going to the mall with friends and splitting up and meeting back up later sounds like the best of both worlds.

19. rz3300

rz3300Active Member

Threads:
    I think that for the most part I like to shop alone, because then I can really focus on what I need and I do not get distracted, but I do admit that it can be rather boring and it might work in the opposite way. Maybe I get too bored and need to entertain myself by spending more, and maybe that pertains to a lot more people than others. Who is to say, though, and as along as I can get what I need I guess a little company is okay.

20. atlmom5

atlmom5Active Member

Threads:
    I don't mind shopping with friends, but I prefer shopping alone. When I shop I'm very focused and really don't want to be bothered with to much talking and friends from my experience can throw me off of my budget or goals, sometimes.