Do You Like To Wear Hoodies?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by sidney • Feb 11, 2015.

1. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25Active Member

Threads:
    I love wearing hoodies, but only if it's cold. I live in a pretty warm/tropical country and wearing this kind of apparel when the sun is sending heat waves like crazy would be kind of irritating and uncomfortable. I actually didn't know that there were such things as short-sleeved shirts that had hoodies. If they were still available now, I would really like to buy them.

2. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Western wind is freezing, or so I heard. In Western countries, it's the opposite and people love to get a tan whenever they can. Well, I think she's too thin and petite and she's already 40 plus, I think, so I certainly don't see her that way, lol. :D

That particular attire was quite popular way back in the early 2000's, but now it's phased out already. I wonder if it will make a comeback in the future.

3. wander_n_wonder

wander_n_wonderActive Member

Threads:
    I only wear hoodies during winter and spring. Other than that, I don't think there's much point to wear it. It can be rather inconvenient as well having something hanging at the back of your neck. If it's hot, it can even feel itchy. I don't see why I would subject myself to that. I only want to use hoodies when it's able to serve its purpose.

4. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Age is just a number though lol. Do any of you guys like to wear your partner's hoodies as much as I do?? I have always loved wearing my partner's clothing anyway, but I love to wear their hoodies especially. Anyone else, or am I alone in that arena? Lol.

5. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Hoodies are my second skin right now lol. Not so much when I leave the house, unless it's just to run to the store or something, but it's practically all I wear around the house with it being so cold and I need something easy to get in and out of depending on what I'm doing. Ok wait.. it's not ALL I wear haha, you know what I meant.

I have every style and colour of hoodie.. sometimes I'm cute, sometimes I'm Jabba the Hutt with a tiny head lol. Couldn't care less about fads and come backs.. clothes are clothes and I make them look gooooood haha.. jk, I'm so annoying lol.

6. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Awww, you're so cute. I love your annoying!!!!! :) :) :) I wear my sweats and pajama tops literally everywhere lol. A few people have even thought I was going out somewhere flashy, which... I don't even know what to say to them lol. Lmao!!! I can almost guarantee that you make whatever you are wearing look good. Unless it's carpet chic, because then we're both screwed :p

7. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Uuuuuugh! Ok dreek.. imagine if you will.. a lovely shag carpet, whichever colour you choose. Now imagine soaking it. Let it sit. Clean it only partially (have to leave a lot of the gunk behind to make this accurate) then let it air dry. Let aaaaaaall those little left behind buggies air dry their sweet, dirty little tooshies. Now they go off, looking better than ever, to pick themselves up some little mite cuties and they multiply and multiply and multiply and keep getting soaked and air dried and dusty and grimey all along the bottom layer of the shag.. the part nobody sees but thinks is so squeeky clean because the top layer is beautiful after a nice cleaning lol. Now imagine this carpet after years and years of this. Dusty, greasy, mitey, buggy, dead skin celly ick. Ok.. now take that shag and wrap yourself in it.. gunky side to skin!! That's what you just did to me! uuuuuugghhhhhhh lol.

Oh right.. hoodies. I <3 hoodies. And men's jammy bottoms. And converse. Potato sacks? Why not?? And the next day I'll be all feminine or smokin' hot or cute.. and the next day a complete bum lol. People put too much importance in what everyone else is wearing. Do whatever makes you comfortable though.. if you need to be a part of the crowd, so be it.. it's human nature. If you want to wear a hoodie, the fashion police are not going to hunt you down lol. EVERYthing can be made to look good, I don't care what anyone says. Except carpet.. sorry.. not happening. SO GROSS! lol

8. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes it is, but still.. She doesn't exude that! She is stick thin and very petite! I'm single, but I don't think I would want to wear it, I don't even like to borrow things in general. :D But I have heard of women that love to do that. ;)

9. rares209

rares209Member

Threads:
    Not exactly. I mean, they are very confy and they manage to keep you warm all the time apparently, but I think they are not stylish so I rarely wear them. I usually wear them on my way to the gym or something like that.

10. hayrake

hayrakeActive Member

Threads:
    I'm not a big hoodie fan at all, but I do keep a few around to wear while working in the yard or in the barn. Sometimes I wear them when I'm on horseback. They can keep you pretty warm on nippy days.

11. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    I do not like hoodies of any kind. I have several reasons for that. First, when indoors, one does not need to wear a hood. The hood is in the way, my pony tail is always getting caught in and around it and that results in more tangles and general discomfort all the time. Then there's using the hood. I would prefer to just wear a hat. If I want to cross the street while wearing a hood, I have to turn my whole upper body, not just my head to see to the side. If I just turn my head, the hood does not move and one eye is blocked, so I can't see very clearly. I have no idea why they ever made shirts with short sleeves and hoods, it makes no sense, even for those who like hoods, you will need long sleeves to stay warm before you need a hood.

12. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I see. Well if ever you do have a hoodie, then I guess you can simply just not use the hood and let it just fall down so that it doesn't get in the way of your ponytail and you can also freely look on any direction that you want? I guess the stifling effect of the hood on your face annoys you. :cool:

13. Femiluv

FemiluvMember

Threads:
    No, I do not wear hoodies. Not anymore at least. A few years ago, I owned two and wore one of them A LOT. It was my bright red Manchester United hoodie. My style has gone through a few transformations over the past few years and hoodies just don’t fit in for me anymore. I gave away both to my sister and she still wears them. Whenever I see her wearing them, I have such good memories hahahaha.

14. Moroccanbeauty2266

Moroccanbeauty2266Active Member

Threads:
    I used to love wearing sporty hoodies as a teen. They are great for summer and winter.
    But now my 14 year-old wears them almost every day but hers always has some kind of design on the front.
    I think it is still fashionable clothing.

15. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Hoodies in the summer? I find that odd. But for jogging attire, that seems to be normal for me. Hoodies are indeed fashionable, but when paired with skinny jeans or leggings then it doesn't look as good.

16. maxen57

maxen57Active Member

Threads:
    I live in a tropical country but I still find a good use for a hoodie when I workout and jog around. When the weather is cold, it still helps me to sweat out as much. It's also what I wear when I need to just go out for a walk and relax. I have two large hoodies that I think were made for guys and my brothers wanted them but I wouldn't trade them for anything.

17. hades_leae

hades_leaeActive Member

Threads:
    I actually like to wear those hoodies that you mention with the thin material. I used to find those in stores, but the ones that I saw were long sleeved, and they were very thins.

Those were still perfect for summer weather because of the material they use. I would wear those anytime, but I wear hoodies now only when the weather is cold because I know they are good for warmth, and it's nice to not have to worry about a big block of coat madness.

18. rosemoon

rosemoonActive Member

Threads:
    Oh yes, I love wearing hoodies. I don't usually wear the actual "hood" part lol, but hoodies are so warm and comfortable that I could wear them everyday. Plus I love how I can even not wear anything under it and nobody will notice. I only have one good hoodie right now so I need to buy more for when I start classes in the fall. Some classrooms can be so cold that it's nice to have a hoodie for warmth.

19. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    I love to wear hoodies! They make me feel so relaxed and comfortable! I always wear them in the fall and go running in them. They keep me warm and don't make me feel too hot and worn down. I could even sleep in hoodies. They are that comfortable to me.

20. Alonzo123

Alonzo123Active Member

Threads:
    This is something really nice and also got to know so much from this a lot ahead.

must be appealing.