Do You Love It or Hate It when People buy you Clothing?

Discussion in Seasonal & Holidays started by ohiotom76 • Oct 21, 2014.

1. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    I don't mind. I mean as long as I am not required to wear them. For Christmas or my birthday, I usually get clothes. Sometimes, I like the style. Other times, not so much. I just put it in my closet when I don't like it.

2. insertkittyface

insertkittyfaceActive Member

Threads:
    Really depends who is buying it, but usually I prefer it just because I love clothes. If this was a couple years ago, I wouldn't like it just because no one knew what I liked, but I feel like as I've gotten older, I've gotten a lot easier to buy for.

3. owesem75

owesem75Active Member

Threads:
    This is a very tricky question and and a little difficult to answer. Having someone to buy me clothes gives an amazing feeling. You may feel special and loved. But this somewhat obliged you to wear what he/she has given you.. or else it will hurt his/her feelings if you don't.. and it feels awkward. I do not love it when people who bought me clothing dictates when and how I should wear it.. and i hate it when it puts me in an embarrassing situation when I have to wear it on the occasion that he/she like and that I find personally inappropriate.

4. Gin0710

Gin0710Active Member

Threads:
    I never buy someone clothes. I usually get them a gift card from a clothing store if I want to buy them clothes. Otherwise I end up getting something they don't like or something that doesn't fit them. It's better to just stick with gift cards because you can't go wrong with that. I also have just taken them out and told them to pick a couple of tops or something. Clothes are just something people need to pick out for themselves.

5. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I usually accept every gift that I get with a smile, as I am truly grateful for the kind attention, but as far as it goes with wearing the clothes that I receive, I have to admit, that I am very particular and only put on what really pleases me. My family and friends haven't bought any clothes for me in years, apart from scarves, which I adore. One can never go wrong by giving me a scarf, as I use them for all kinds of things, such as wearing them around my neck, head, or as a belt, wrapping my jewellery in them, or decorating parts of my apartment with them. Every scarf has its place in my home.