Do You Love Or Hate Advertisments?

Discussion in As Seen on TV started by lisasian86 • Jun 4, 2016.

1. mbuzma

mbuzmaActive Member

Threads:
    I pretty much hate them. They interrupt what I'm watching, and they sure don't influence me in any way. Some of them are also incredibly stupid, or even borderline disgusting. I buy new products mostly if I hear good things about them from other people, not because some ad told me to do so. There are however many people that are influenced by the ads, who will buy products that often don't work as expected ( by that I mean, they don't work as well as was shown on the ads, basically ), and yet they never learn their lesson.

2. nangk08

nangk08Active Member

Threads:
    I agree! Some of the advertisements are at times more entertaining than the programme itself. However, when the commercial break is too long , for more than 3 minutes, it becomes quite annoying. But sometimes I take opportunity of getting some quick work done while the commercials are on! ;)

3. pmk1996

pmk1996New Member

Threads:
    I love and hate advertisements to some extent. Recently there were some scandals where some advertisements depicted racism while others were inappropriate and did on t clearly bring out what needs to be advertised. I think the advertisers and the models who play in these advertisements should consider a lot of factors before allowing any advertisements to go on air.

Some advertisements also exaggerate and give false information about a product which is unethical.