Do You Love To Watch Scary Movies At Night?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by Haroon Rasheed • Aug 31, 2017.

1. Haroon Rasheed

Haroon RasheedMember

Threads:
    Movies are a greatest sources to change our mood and give us more amusement.It is a cheaper way to improve and entertain ourselves.I watch movies of different kind related to different topics of life.Sometimes,I watch some love movies.But I am too much curious to watch scary movies at night.Whenever I listen name or story of a scary movie from my friends, I become more excited just in a second.After that,I just go to my home and download it quickly from internet or go to market to buy a disk of that interesting movie.Last night I have watched Wrong Turn 6 with my friends at night.They all were frightened to see the deadly scenes in the movie and I was laughing at them and enjoying the movie.We should not be afraid of such movies because these are just created to entertain us not to frighten us.

Do you also enjoy such scary movies?

2. Heatman

HeatmanActive Member

Threads:
    Yes I do 100 percent, it's actually known that if you want to really enjoy a scarey or horror movie, the right time to do so is from midnight. By that time, you would be able to feel and appreciate all the elements and techniques of fears employed by the producers in making such movie.

I am a fan of horror movies. It makes me have control over my fears. I have watched quite a lot of horror movies such as Hell Raiser, Helix, Z nation, walking dead, evil dead, sleepy hollow, Ghost ship etc. All these movies have shaped me in such a way that I hardly get scared of anything.

Scarey or horror movies are cool if you have the stomach for it.

3. wallet

walletActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, I like to watch scary movies at night, especially I love to be alone in the house in this way the fear will be higher and the movie will transform into something really scary. Of course, it must be a good movie to have the power to make me live the action of that movie!

4. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Not me, no thanks to watching scary movies at night. I like funny movies at night or a romantic movie so I can relax and not be afraid. Something like Abbot and Costello meets Frankenstein is okay for me to watch at night or The Mummy where it's mostly funny, yet a bit scary is okay for me. Did you know that I never watched any Walking Dead movies or zombie movies at all. I saw one when I was a child and I did not like it not one bit, too scary for me.

5. overcast

overcastActive Member

Threads:
    I always go for scary movies or scifi or the thriller type of movies. I love playing those type of the plots. For me such stories are really good. And the best part about the scary stories is that it can be fun to watch it when nobody is around. Though I make sure not to watch too much scary stuff. It just adds more scare into the life. I think I have watched most of the movies in my Amazon Prime Video subscription and I am going for the Netflix videos next.

6. PAYAKNAPAGIISIP

PAYAKNAPAGIISIPActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, especially with my wife. It is amusing for me to see her cringed and screams. Don't get me wrong, She also wants to watch those type of movies. I am not forcing anything. I am much of observing her reactions, than of concentrating on the movie. It is more entertaining actually.

7. morgoodie

morgoodieActive Member

Threads:
    I don't really like to watch horror movies. I will watch thriller or psychological suspense movies. I like to watch movies anytime of the day but I don't think I would watch a horror movie at night. Everything goes bump in the night, right? I get too scared and my over active imagination works overtime if I watch anything too scary.

8. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, it's always the best time for it. But since I'm in a place where there's no sunlight, that's good for me (because I hate having to watch those kinds of movies in bright places :p).

9. jakub

jakubMember

Threads:
    When i was younger, i never did, but now i don't see an issue with it, but there are times when i become a bit scared but it fades when the movie ends.

10. Barida

BaridaActive Member

Threads:
    I used to be afraid to watch horror movies at night especially those types of movies that you see ghosts scaring human beings around or where the vampires are doing some stunts before sucking people's blood. Those movies are the ones I always avoid at night as a result of the fact that I can hardly sleep if I dared watch those movies then which sounded funny to my siblings that they always make fun of me then. However, I have grown to be a lover of movies of such and feel okay watching movies that involve ghost story lines even at the middle of the night and I sleep calmly after watching them.

I think it has to do with growing up to stop being afraid of what we see in movies with the idea that those things are there just to teach us lessons to be careful with the way we live our life.

11. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, I have always enjoyed watching scary movies since I'm drawn to such topics too in real life. In fact, that's my most favorite genre, and it also takes a lot to scare me. I rarely get scared when I watch horror films.

12. littlewitch66

littlewitch66Active Member

Threads:
    I love to be scared but I do have to lock all the doors and windows if I am on my own or I start to hear noises! I think paranormal movies scare me the most as I do believe in it and I imagine that things start moving on their own. I have even been known to sleep with the light on because I have scared myself so much :eek:

13. Kiama

KiamaMember

Threads:
    I don't watch scary movies especially not at night. Some of those movies are too scary that it takes me up to a week to get the scenes out of my mind. I watch comedy and action movies because they are not only entertaining but are movies you can watch alone in the middle of the night and still sleep peacefully.

14. tallulah

tallulahActive Member

Threads:
    Absolutely not! I do not watch horror movies at any time of the day, either day or night. I still have occasional flashbacks from horror movies I watched as a child. It seems like they are permanently etched in my memory. In my opinion, there is nothing entertaining about watching horror movies. All they project especially in the mind of a child or in the mind of a sensitive adult is fear. So no. Horror movies is definitely not for me.

15. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    I am not a scary movie fan at all, I know I am old but I still get nightmares if I watch them especially at night. Recently I tried watching one at 11 at night but had to turn it off because I would even get scared to go to the kitchen to grab myself a glass of water. I have never liked them especially when a school classmate started to scare me and made me believe that dolls would really come alive and kill me.

16. FolkArtist

FolkArtistActive Member

Threads:
    They say you should not watch scary movies at night because they could cause insomnia -not to mention the nightmares they could make you have because of the subconscious mind. Knowing this I still like to watch more of the ghost story type of scary movies,though at night -and some of the movies lately that I have even watched over and over- are Half Light which has Demi Moore in it and deals with ghosts a lot, but the Scottish Coast scenery is great also. They other one has ghosts as well and is called Soulmate and takes place in the Welsh Countryside and has Anna Walton in it,also it has great scenery.

17. harijobs

harijobsActive Member

Threads:
    Absolutely. I love watching scary movies at night because the surrounding will be so apt with the movie increasing the entertainment. I have watched several scary movies alone at night and the one that really haunted me was The Ring. I got so scared and screamed when I watched the girl Samara coming out of the movie. That was the only time I was really scared otherwise I have always enjoyed watching them, especially during the night. :)

18. bsiy8

bsiy8New Member

Threads:
    Yes, i love to watch scary movies at night and it give me some thrilled.

19. Kookas

KookasNew Member

Threads:
    Yes , i think night is best for horror movies, :rolleyes: ,for example, thunderstorm weather

20. Taraa

TaraaActive Member

Threads:
    Yeah i do.