Do You Neuter Your Pets?

Discussion in Pets started by remnant • Jul 8, 2017.

1. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    Some people find it expensive to maintain more dogs due to the obvious
    cost implication of maintenance, things like adequately feeding them
    and proper health. My uncle neuters them, that is make dogs to prevent
    increase in population beyond what they can manage.

2. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We have 3 dogs, 1 female and 2 males. We don't want the female to get pregnant but we do not want to spey it either. When our female is nearing to heat, we keep it in a cage. The incarceration lasts a week and sometimes longer. But that is better than having an accidental pregnancy or going to the vet for neutering.

3. littlewitch66

littlewitch66Active Member

Threads:
    Most of my pets have been rescue so they are automatically neutered or spayed. The price we pay for them covers the cost of having this carried out and I think it is worth it as I know I can safely take both my female dogs out at any time without having to worry that some frisky male will start mounting them!

4. janemariesayed

janemariesayedActive Member

Threads:
    When I bred my boxer, Sasha, I planned it well in advance. A year before she was due to breed she met her stud. He would come over to play with her every day for a couple of hours which gave them a good amount of time to get to know each other.

When she was on heat he would stay away from her and not come over to play so I could keep them separate. As the time drew near for her to breed, I took the both of them for a chick up at the vets and they were both healthy. Then when she was on heat next, Bosley came to stay for a couple of weeks. At the time the pups were going to be born, Bosley's owner had decided to give him up to me or put him down so I had him come and live with me.

I chose not to have Sasha spayed until she had had one litter of pups. It was all done properly and she gave birth to four healthy pups. It was only after that that I had her spayed.

5. morgoodie

morgoodieActive Member

Threads:
    I do get my pets fixed even though it is expensive especially for females since it entails more than males. I do not want puppies or kittens to take care and try to get rid of. I just do not have the patience for all of that extra work and care. I think there are health benefits involved as well when they are fixed and that is important to me.

6. janemariesayed

janemariesayedActive Member

Threads:
    If a pet isn't going to be bred from and that decision is made when they are little then it is best to have them doctored. Especially the females as it is cleaner for them to not have their seasons. It is also safer in case they accidentally mate with another dog.

My puppy's mum apparently ran away and came back to her house pregnant. The man who had her didn't care for her properly and gave her up to another friend. He took care of the pups and kept the mum as his own. A happy ending for that furry family.

7. Beast_Titan

Beast_TitanActive Member

Threads:
    With all the stray cats and dogs on the street with no homes. Owners should be responsible and spay their pets. Spayed animals also have better temperament. They are least likely to bite your children.

8. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    No we don't neuter or spay our pets because they are either caged or indoors, so they can't really reproduce. I would do that though if I don't want my pets to breed anymore.

9. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    I was always taught this and it just kind of carried though to when we got our first pets. I can see how it might alarm some people but it makes sense when you consider everything.

10. kaka135

kaka135Active Member

Threads:
    We used to have a female dog, and got speed when she was about 8 months old. Though it was quite costly for the surgery, we think it's easier for us and for the dog too. It's also advised by the vet. That's also the first time we raised a dog, hence we chose to do that.

11. iamawriter

iamawriterActive Member

Threads:
    We did that with one of our dogs. We let her have babies twice before doing that. We had her daughter too but she did not show any signs of heat strange but true. The one that we have now is within the compound and so she cannot get in touch with any dogs and so she is not spayed.

12. Beast_Titan

Beast_TitanActive Member

Threads:
    So many people in this post just revealed they are cruel to animals.Seriously people? Caging your pets is cruelty while neutering them is better for them and for you.

Jeez, neutering your pet will not only save money for long term it is better for the environment because it will drop the population of ferals and strays. Also it is better for the safety of your family as it controls their temperament.