Do you prefer to shop in stores on Black Friday on shop online?

Discussion in Seasonal & Holidays started by Lady350 • Nov 18, 2014.

1. Lady350

Lady350Member

Threads:
    I like to go to the stores, but do not like all the rush of people when I am there. Last year I shopped online for Black Friday for the first time and it was actually okay. Walmart had a Neat hourly special that I cashed in on. I was able to get many things for my whole family form multiple stores. I will definitely do it again this Black Friday.

2. tangela

tangelaActive Member

Threads:
    I definitely prefer to go online and do it. I don't really like to shop when it's super crowded (I like my space haha) and Black Friday shopping in stores just does not appeal to me at all. If I was to buy stuff online though, I would definitely go into the stores first (if there's a store nearby) and try things on and see if I really like it. And if I do, I will definitely get down the item number and stuff like that and buy it online.

My fiancé and his brother-in-law loves Black Friday shopping and is pretty much a tradition for them. I guess they just like standing in line and get all pushy-shovey with others who are there. Not my cup of tea though!

3. lemony

lemonyMember

Threads:
    I personally think Black Friday is more fun when you go to the mall with friends and/or family members and all of you can just basically enjoy your time out in town. Regarding shopping itself, some discounts can sometimes only be availed from the store, so it really depends on the shopper and the things she wants to buy on Black Friday.

Purchasing them online can be an option, though. There are some products that are difficult to carry around while eating out and/or having coffee with your companions (like that 24-piece makeup set from two different brands that you've been eyeing since the start of the year). Some of these are available online and can probably even be shipped for free as long as you enter "The Black Friday Online Promo Code" -- or something like that.

4. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    To be honest, I never pay Black Fridays any attention. They just come and go. I buy things when I need them, and not when they are on special. Naturally, it comes in handy if there is a special deal going on when I have to buy something urgently. But even then, I do a very careful research and still compare prices before I settle for a deal.