Do you reuse water bottles?

Discussion in Misc & Others started by johnnear • Jul 13, 2014.

1. johnnear

johnnearActive Member

Threads:
    I had this habit of saving water bottles and refilling them. Since I'm a cheapskate I always tend to bring a bottle of water with me and to cut the cost of buying another bottle and another, I tend to just keep the empty bottle from my last drink and just refill it at home. Do you do this kind of thing or am I the only one cheap enough to do this?

2. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am the same. I have a few glass bottles that I keep reusing again and again. Whenever I go out, I refill them with water from the tap and put them in the boot of my car. Even when going for a walk, or shopping, I carry along with me one of the smaller bottles that won't be too heavy in my backpack. I haven't used or bought a plastic bottle in years.

3. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I reuse the bottles a few times then I will dispose of the bottle, get a new new bottle and carry that one for a while, it may take me 2 weeks before I decide to get a new bottle. It does save money but it also helps with the number of bottles in the landfill.

4. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I also always reuse water bottles. Should buy any more water [which I rarely do though], I always keep the empty bottle because I don't store a lot of drinking water in the house [I hate water that tastes funny because it's been stored some place for a long time]. I fill a few bottles, use that water up and refill the bottles later. So to me, they really are useful.

5. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't buy bottled water, but I buy energy drinks, and I don't reuse the plastic bottles that they were stored in because I think that it's a hassle to carry water around when it's easier to buy soda instead. I usually just throw those plastic bottles because I have no use for them.

6. Spowys

SpowysMember

Threads:
    Yes, I reuse water bottles. I figure why pay for something you can get for free? I slowly lose them and eventually I need to buy more bottles, but that's a small cost compared to if I was drinking them like most people do. In this day and age you have the save every penny you can.

7. luigi

luigiMember

Threads:
    I would do the same thing. The only problem is the pipes in our household are ancient, so we don't trust the tap water. I always buy case after case of bottled water, and I recycle each one of them through the town's recycling program. So, either way, I am being environmentally friendly when it comes to these things. I wish I could just use the tap water to save on costs, but it wouldn't be possible in my situation.

8. misterv520

misterv520New Member

Threads:
    I don't even buy bottled water, I have a water purifier and a nice canteen I use daily. I just pour tap water into it and refrigerate it. One water filter can last me from 2-3 months before I buy a new one. I would recommend this over buying bottle water if you're looking to save.

9. whnuien

whnuienActive Member

Threads:
    I do reuse water bottles and refill them at home since we have our own water purifier. But I don't use them more than a couple of times though. I always replace them with a new bottles every few days. This way it costs me a lot cheaper than buying water every time from the supermarket.