Do You Shop More Online?

Discussion in Gifts & Flowers started by to7update • Oct 31, 2016.

1. to7update

to7updateActive Member

Threads:
    Lately I've been noticing that I have started to make most of my purchases online. Not only is more convenient as most things are delivered to my place, but online is where I find the best deals and bargains.

What about you, where do you shop the most?

2. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have to agree that the trend in shopping is veering towards online. First reason is the convenience of the shopper. Second reason is the cheaper price. Understandably, online goods are sold in lower prices because online stores have lesser overhead expenses. But for me, I still prefer the real stores where I can check the goods unlike in online shopping where I see only pictures.

3. to7update

to7updateActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, I can't deny that shopping in the real stores allow us to check the goods closely and with another detail, but when we are shopping for things we already know, we cannot go wrong, so online is the best solution. I am guessing there is market for both things as I am not seeing any less stores these days.

4. TheKnight

TheKnightActive Member

Threads:
    I am starting to shop more online because the money I earn from a job is used mostly towards rent and bills. I earn fairly enough money to buy food for a week online and they usually have better deals. The dollar is worth a lot in my country so it's very beneficial.

5. to7update

to7updateActive Member

Threads:
    What country are you from @TheKnight@TheKnight?

That's something interesting, so the money you earn online you use it to buy food? I like to organize my expenses that way too, I like to keep track of my spending because only that way I can realize where I am making the best deal.

6. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    I have no other option but to shop online to spend my online earnings. I shop regularly for home essentials and some groceries, I have even purchased some clothing. I don't have a debit card active at the moment so I can't send my online earnings to it.

7. luckycharm

luckycharmActive Member

Threads:
    Amazon is my favorite online shopping place. I bought a lot of things from them and the quality of product and promptness in delivery are really good. I used to buy goods from eBay but I think Amazon is somewhat cheaper in my country. They got local stores here which makes their operations easy and hassle free.

I am a spendthrift and whenever I visit Amazon I always end up buying something from them as they got something for me every time I go to that site. So I minimized my visit to Amazon nowadays to keep my spending in control. Personally I prefer buying goods offline as I can physically feel and try them before actually buying it especially in the case of items like wearables and electronic gadgets.

8. to7update

to7updateActive Member

Threads:
    When you mean that you have no other option @kamai@kamai, all the money you earn is online? I see, so that limits things a little bit, but fortunately we can buy everything online. I've bought food, clothing, technology everything online with no issues what-so-ever.

9. TheKnight

TheKnightActive Member

Threads:
    I just began my life in Mexico. The US dollar has risen close to 21 Mexican pesos. That's a HUGE amount since back in 2012, it used to be worth only 12 pesos. This is due to the elections.

10. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    Sorry I didn't write it clearly but I meant that the money I earn online can online be used for online shopping since I don't have a debit/credit card to link to my paypal. I do earn some offline too but not enough. As you said good thing everything is available online.

11. to7update

to7updateActive Member

Threads:
    Yeah, finally I understood what you meant and it's pretty great that PayPal gives us the possibility to shop with the money there, many times even offering great discounts.

As for shopping online more, I am like a hawk sometimes haha, I can visit the online stores once or twice a day to take advantage of the promotions. :)

That's almost the double @TheKnight@TheKnight, pretty great for you to earn some dollars online, you got almost a 50% raise!!

12. James-M

James-MMember

Threads:
    Reason why I love online shopping:
    Discounts & offers (Best thing you know)
    I liked a wallet of Lavie, its price in pantaloons was 1665. I searched online and I found the same wallet at a discount of 1000rs. I actually ordered that wallet for 665, that makes me happy.

13. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I do shop more online, but I do like to browse stores for bargains too. I think stores prefer online shoppers as they can entice them to spend more, and in brick and mortar stores people can put things back or change their minds.

There are limitations though, and that's why good customer service is important. An online site with bad customer service will lose customers (and there are a few I won't used because of that), and you can't argue so much online unless it's a legal matter and it gets frustrating. I spent a week trying to get a refund for something I hadn't ordered, and if it was in a store it would have been dealt with on the spot.

14. to7update

to7updateActive Member

Threads:
    Yeah I totally agree with you there @Theo@Theo, stores prefer the online shopper and not only we can shop more as it's just a click away, but also because we are not crowing the store, we are away, but giving them a profit. At the same time if you have a lot of stock in can make a big promotion on the physical store, but this can also be made online, so online is definitely a really versatile solution.

15. pwarbi

pwarbiActive Member

Threads:
    On-line shopping is undoubtedly more popular now than it's ever been and one of the reasons for that is because the actual stores prefer the customer to do it that way. I think that a lot of the time, even if a person would prefer to buy from a store on the high street they are given an incentive not to because it's easier for the actual store.

The less the company as to pay for off-line stores then the more they can invest in the on-line market instead and sooner or later that us going to kill the high street off altogether which I for one think is a shame.

16. to7update

to7updateActive Member

Threads:
    That is the fact, we are directed by stores for their online platforms when they offer us great layouts, free shipping and stunning promotions and what can we do, but to accept those offers? :) The fact is that in this way everyone saves, shops save costs from giving jobs to people and we save because the prices are lower, not to mention that we shop from home.

17. anupamas2

anupamas2Active Member

Threads:
    I agree with Alexandoy. I too prefer to see the stuff first before buying them. I am not saying that I don't buy online, I do, but somethings are better bought offline than online. For example clothes, Its good to touch and feel the fabric before you buy it. Which is not possible online.

18. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    What I love is buying online with ebates and getting cash back for shopping. Trouble is ebates doesn't have every online merchant signed up with them. I don't have a car and am a Senior Citizen, so shopping online is fun and easy. If anyone is interested in signing up with ebates here is the link to sign up to

Ebates customer service is excellent and helpful. I like buying online and in store pick-up the best. Too bad our Walmart is up a hill for store pickup. Riding the bus and picking up your purchases can be taxing. I do like the shipping for free too, but recently stores and amazon has upped the amount for free shipping. Office Depot has a great service for buying online, pickup in store and 24/7 chat online service which I like very much. Online shopping is very good especially when you get cash back for it

:)(Thanks for going to the link & signing up in advance!):)

19. to7update

to7updateActive Member

Threads:
    Ebates actually sounds familiar to me, but I am not using it. I am guessing it's one of those sites that offers coupons and cashback? I think those actually work, if we just set ourselves the discipline to check the site and see where we can make money. Thanks for sharing this @Krissttina Isobe@Krissttina Isobe, it's another good way to save online.

20. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    :)You're welcome.